Software Engineer at Evive
Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. Since 2007, that spirit has defined our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a thorough Software Engineer. Is it you?
Detail-oriented and determined to succeed, you’re enthusiastic about software design and have the experience to back it up. An inherent problem-solver, you foresee potential issues and know how to build an infrastructure that will avoid them. You respond well to feedback and actively seek it out to make improvements. You build large scale, distributed, fault tolerant systems and software, working in a team environment with product managers, designers, and other developers. All product teams are global and move quickly using agile processes.
Here’s what a Software Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Works with product managers to understand the value and intent of features and proactively provides guidance based on potential implementation approaches
- Breaks down large, complex features and systems into smaller implementation slices and uses prototypes and iterations to de-risk unknowns
- Conducts code reviews and provides useful and actionable feedback
- Takes ownership of the products from prototype through production deployment and operations
- Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field of study, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of OO design
- API/microservice design experience preferred
- Java and/or Python knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of React and React JS preferred
- Experience working in a CI/CD model preferred
- Experience working in AWS preferred
- Web/App development experience – NodeJS, React Native, SWIFT, Android/iOS dev knowledge preferred
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.