Evive people are game-changers.
Evive was founded by two people who wanted to challenge the status quo...and did. More than 11 years later, that spirit still defines our culture. The work we do is redefining how people use their employee benefits, with SaaS-based services that help people to improve their lives and Fortune 1000 enterprises to optimize their benefits investments. We strive every day for the ideal of #benefitslove. Are you one of us?
We’re looking for a thorough Software Engineer. Is it you?
Detail-oriented and determined to succeed, you’re enthusiastic about software design and have the experience to back it up. An inherent problem-solver, you foresee potential issues and know how to build an infrastructure that will avoid them. You respond well to feedback and actively seek it out to make improvements.
Here’s what a Software Engineer does at Evive (for people who like bullet lists):
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
- Demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments, and clear code.
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential, and improve operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment, as well as participating in educational opportunities and professional organizations, reading professional publications, and maintaining personal networks.
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
- Develop software solutions by studying information needs, systems flow, data usage, and work processes, as well as conferring with users, investigating problem areas, and following the software development lifecycle.
You bring a lot to the table.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study—or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Solid understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Knowledge of OO design, design patterns, and refactoring.
- Java 8 knowledge and working knowledge of at least one additional programming language.
- Knowledge of React and React JS preferred.
- Experience with Web/App servers—Apache, Nginx, Tomcat; and databases—NoSQL (Cassandra), Elastic Search, etc.
- Stack—Big Data Technologies
- API and SOA development experience—REST.
- Web/App development experience—NodeJS, React Native, SWIFT, Android/iOS dev knowledge preferred.
- Experience building and scaling internet applications.
- Previous experience in an app development area preferred.
- Active participation in the open source communities preferred.
Evive takes care of its teammates. Here are our current benefits:
- Laid-back office, casual attire—jeans and a t-shirt are always okay!
- Weekly catered lunch + daily stocked kitchen with drinks, fresh fruit, and a variety of other snacks
- Competitive salaries with annual bonus pay
- Paid Time Off—both for vacation and volunteering
- Paid Sick Time
- Two work-from-home days every month
- Employer-paid medical insurance + subsidized vision, dental, and short-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and AD&D insurance
- 401(k) with up to 4% company match
- Student loan assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Pre-tax commuter benefit + convenient location (right off the CTA blue line and Union Station)
- Treadmill desks: walk and work!
- Company-sponsored book club
- And we watch Jeopardy! every day
If you’re prepared to go big, go bold, and go beyond, you’re ready to go Evive.