Software Engineer at Cisco Meraki
Cisco Meraki is looking for a Software Developer to join our Team in Chicago. As the fastest growing cloud-managed networking team in the world, our products and technology architecture are changing the face of enterprise networking and making cloud-managed IT a reality. With that said, we’re taking orders 24/7 and shipping them all over the world. The tiniest hitch in that process can cost us an incalculable amount in dollars and man-hours. That’s where you come in.
You’ll be joining the existing development team to improve, develop, and maintain the processes that form Meraki’s backbone. You will be working on building integration between various internals products and business systems. We expect your tool kit to be diverse: proposing process improvements, customizing Middleware or creating your own solutions, integrating our various systems (Internal & External) and ability to learn new languages and frameworks quickly.
What You Will Do:
- Build integrations across internal and external systems to support existing processes and new initiatives
- Optimizing operational processes using WebMethods BPMS, Java, and scripting languages
- Using Rails to customize order entry interface, improving order flow and reducing order processing time
- Allowing users to gain more insight into business performance by enhancing the data warehouse
- Propose, Automate, streamline, and improve existing processes to allow various teams to maximize productivity
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline
- 5+ years post-collegiate programming experience. Java or Ruby experience a plus.
- Solid experience with integration software – Experience with Webmethods will be a bonus
- Professional experience with large scale ERP systems a huge plus
- Knowledge of microservice architectures and web services– Salesforce, SOAP, REST, etc.
- Prior experience with architecting business solutions using knowledge of Middleware, databases, and scripting languages
- Proficiency in SQL and XML
Great to Have:
- Passion for improving existing home-brewed tools and programs to make life easier for everyone
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a breathtaking office, healthy catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has created an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.