Software Engineer at TransUnion
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation – we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- At least 5 years experience in application development (Java EE, C++, ETL, and web APIs) with exposure to high availability, data driven applications
- Experience in Linux and Weblogic or similar application servers
- Knowledge of OO design and common design patterns, and can understand what the tradeoffs of the different approaches
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery systems including Maven, Jenkins, and Artifactory
- Strong understanding of web hosting platforms and web services
- Understanding of enterprise computing environments, distributed applications, and container technology
- Hands on experience with Docker preferred
Impact You'll Make:
- Create web enabled solutions for consumers that monitor critical changes in their credit by assisting them with debt analysis, identity theft protection features, and money management tools.
- Participate as a highly technical specialist in design development, coding, planning, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software.
- Work with technical staff to understand problems with software and correct them.
- Review code for defects and quality against technical documents and standard practices.
- Review and translate business requirements for technical feasibility and logical defects.
- Demonstrate a high level of analytical and problem-solving capability along with the ability to articulate the decision process to multiple management levels as it relates to both business and technical roles time estimates for assigned tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.