We connect customers to the brands they love by way of a thriving marketplace and a members-only service that provides benefits across 140+ of the best online stores. Our members save time and money with benefits including free 2-day shipping, easy 2-click checkout, and free returns all while we help them stay up on the latest trends that appeal.
For merchants, we're driving eCommerce business, producing insights with a growing data analytics practice to boot. With a powerful two-sided network and a robust data platform, we're creating an eCommerce win-win, helping retailers compete. The landscape of retail is changing and we're here to empower retailers to take their place in that exciting evolution.
We have people in offices around the world: Headquartered in Chicago, with offices in Conshohocken, PA (Philly area), New York, San Mateo and Krakow, Poland. We hustle to get things done, creating wins for customers, merchants and each other.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As a Software Engineer II at ShopRunner, you’ll have your hands in all of our key systems, from ingesting data from our merchant partners, to helping the data science team bring their data models to production. Our key systems run in Typescript/React, Kotlin/Spring Boot, and Python Flask. You will modify our core services and applications in our never-ending quest to help our shoppers and retailers connect in new ways. You will have good time management skills, be open to getting and giving feedback, and be willing to help your peers succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help us design and develop new features and applications produced by clean/correct code following best practices set by our developer community
- Scaling our service architecture and embracing approaches such as 12 factor, Microservices, and well formed APIs
- Iterate on our front end consumer facing applications
- Evolving our data pipelines to enable real-time event handling, smarter personalization, and more nimble applications
- Give and take helpful feedback to peers within the team and continuously strive for improvement
- Play an active role in team planning, estimations, and design, and architecture sessions
- Have fun!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 3+ years writing production code for web applications. We love Polyglots who know several languages and like the right tool for the job.
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Spring, Django/Bottle/Flask.
- Experience optimizing applications to increase speed, scalability, and extensibility.
- Comfort with database concepts and experience writing SQL in a relational database such as MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfort with key programming concepts like memory management, optimization techniques, API design, relational mapping frameworks, and distributed applications.
- Nice to haves: Experience working in AWS, Docker. Experience with unit testing, functional testing, and automation frameworks.
We want you to bring your whole human self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.