PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As a Software Engineer at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas within our engineering teams – Core, Data, Trading Tools, and Execution - that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
Depending on the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business and technology teams on trading strategy implementations.
- Developing core systems like messaging architecture/systems and/or end user applications around portfolio risk and data analysis that help support the activities of various middle and back-office operations as well as trading tools/platforms.
- Performing manual and automated testing to confirm application behavior.
- Optimizing and monitoring critical path performance.
- Troubleshooting production issues quickly and efficiently.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of engineering experience
- Proficiency in Java, Go, or Python
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and flexibility working with different technologies
- Familiarity with Linux platform
All of our developers have these traits. You should, too.
As a PEAK6 Software Engineer you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program