Software Engineer at Motorola Solutions
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewFactories and hotels. Schools and stadiums. Restaurants and retail shops. Truck fleets and railroads. They all have one thing in common: communication is critical. That’s why we are here. We are the Professional & Commercial Radio group, and every day we design, build, deploy and integrate communications systems for customers whose business depends on having the right information, at the right time. Rugged enough to drop on concrete, light enough to wear all shift, slim enough to fit in your pocket, advanced enough to drive the enterprise of the future: these are the products we deliver.
The position is available for working on a wide range of products, applications, and services such as:
- Software development for 2-Way Radio Mission Critical Communication Systems
- Application development and security solutions for mobile devices
- Cybersecurity threat prevention associated with the deployment of on-premise infrastructure, mobile, and cloud-based technology
- Customer-facing application development
- Controller, gateway, and base station software development
Required Skills (one or more of):
- Linux (multiple variants)
- Windows development
- Perl / Powershell -Java
- Mobile application and/or platform development including Android and iOS
- Network Protocols (TCP/IP, TLS, UDP)
- Knowledge or working experience with technologies such as Microsoft Azure cloud service, Docker, Kubernetes, and PostgresSQL database is a plus
- Knowledge or working experience in DevOps using modern CI/CD pipelines and tools such as Jenkins, Artifactory, GIT, and Azure DevOps or similar tools is a plus
A completed bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical discipline is required.
Travel RequirementsUnder 10%
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.