We are currently seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to join our Product Security Engineering team here at ActiveCampaign. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization that truly cares about its people and their personal development. Work with amazing people on an amazing product!
The Product Security Engineering team at ActiveCampaign is responsible for building security features within our product and building highly available backend services that enable the success of our platform. Where do you come in? We are looking for a new team member with excellent software engineering skills to develop stand-alone services that include: Multi Factor Authentication, Single Sign-On, Authentication, Authorization, API Gateway, User Analytics & Alerting. In addition to developing security features for our customers, you will be working with the team to take on projects which identify security vulnerabilities from many sources, automatically build security into our product, and provide a paved road for engineering teams to produce secure software.
You will join a strong, cohesive team where you'll have the freedom to set technical directions and do your best work without excessive rules or micromanagement. You’ll take responsibility for deciding how to use your talents and your time to contribute to the success of the company.
What your day could consist of:
- Work on a cross-functional team to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and drive with the team to design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Educate Product and Engineering teams on relevant security topics
- Optimize systems to improve stability, performance, and scalability
- Produce quality, tested code, and help define coding standards and best practices
- Evaluate and communicate tradeoffs as needed
- Keep informed on industry activity and advocate for new patterns or approaches when appropriate
- Mentor and grow fellow engineers
- Participate in external industry events and collaborations
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Drive to code reviews
What is needed:
- 5+ years of relevant experience required, to include experience with Java, PHP, and a relational database. Experience with other object oriented languages a plus
- Ability to interact with distributed systems a plus (Queuing Services, Message Notifications Services, File Stores, NoSQL Databases)
- Experience with MVC frameworks (i.e., Laravel, Lumen, Symfony, RoR, Flask/Django) and ORM frameworks (i.e., Doctrine, Eloquent, ActiveRecord) a plus
- Demonstrated skills in writing automated tests
- Passion for the end user experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take a general idea and add your own insight and tweaks to it
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 800+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.