At Fetch Rewards, we have two sayings that sum up the ethos of our organization launched in 2013:
Defeat the Odds!
Our vision is to leverage technology to transform shopping into an engaging, rewarding, and delightful experience, ultimately propelling the time-worn grocery shopping experience into the 21st century. Our technology platform, based around a free smartphone app, ensures that users have the best shopping experience possible. Headquartered in Madison, Wi with offices in Chicago, Denver and New York, we pride ourselves on two things -- the caliber of our work and the scope of our ambition.
Fetch’s next step in evolving the grocery shopping experience will require a Software Engineer. This role can be based in either Madison or Chicago.
We are looking for a Software Engineer. You will build highly performant backend services to integrate seamlessly with our data stores, message queues, mobile and web platforms, and other systems. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems and design & develop an amazing solution with little to no assistance.In your toolbag
- A deep understanding of functional and object-oriented programming
- Ability to plan and implement complex data models
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code, data queries, and network requests
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures
- Ability to troubleshoot large scale production systems and explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- High-level languages (Java, Scala, Go)
- Relational and eventually consistent databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Service-oriented architecture
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.