Wholesale Loans Technology supports Asset Based Lending for external clients of JP Morgan Chase. Field Exam Scheduler is the primary application that provides operations support for performing exams (scheduling, staffing and billing), tracking to support operations and reporting for business metrics and planning primarily for Asset Based Lending business.
As a DevOps/Software Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment for Field Exam Scheduler in AWS. Our technology stack is built in Java, RDS-Oracle, EC2, SQS, S3 etc.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Strong Communication Skills demonstrating the ability to present and explain ideas and concepts.
- Java - Expert-level implementation skills with Java 8 and above.
- Experience with Spring boot, spring security and other Spring frameworks
- Experience with using public cloud products, such as EC2, CloudDeploy, RDS, SQS, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, DataDog, Lambda, S3, etc
- Experience working with IaaS technologies like Sceptre or Terraform
- Strong security understanding with API communications
- Experience with CI/CD in products like Jenkins
- Experience working with open source frameworks
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Technical responsibility for application architecture and design.
- Design and deliver high quality features that complies with standards and satisfies architectural tests.
- Participate in Architecture & Engineering forums, perform design reviews
- Timely project communications - monthly updates, project updates, RCA updates, agile experiments, team metrics etc.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner, Operations and Technology partners around the world
- Proactively look to develop and implement best practices across the entire project team, practicing continuous process improvement.
- Guide team members toward best solutions for the problem at hand
- Listen, interact and train developers to enhance their skill sets
- Project management experience, influencing decision-making outside of immediate span of control, and accomplishing key objectives and results
- Experience working in a financial services environment
- Previous experience with wholesale loans business
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.