SOFTWARE ENGINEERING MANAGER, CAT DIGITAL at Caterpillar
We at CAT Digital are building a state-of-the-art platform to springboard a wide range of customer-focused applications. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to join our Platform Services team.
JOB DUTIES: The Software Engineering Manager provides leadership in design, development and deployment of Caterpillar’s systems and/or applications.
- Lead team(s) of high performing software engineering professionals and projects related to developing business and technical solutions
- Accountable for hiring, managing and mentoring a team or multiple teams of software engineers in delivering the common department goals.
- Lead team(s) that will build various world class software solutions
- Implementing common operating procedures to provide process functionality and the requisite infrastructure to enable effective, efficient, economical services.
- Directs implementation of software components to maximize common process and minimize costs by efficiently controlling the infrastructure environment.
- Carefully evaluate problems and provide input into a large number of possible solutions before selecting one option.
- Follows general policies and guidelines for projects under his/her control to ensure specific, management goals are met and desired results are achieved. Impacts key quality goals including customer satisfaction, continuous improvement, and reoccurring revenue, timeliness, accuracy, efficiency, cost savings, process quality, etc.
- Responsible for all personnel issues and performance evaluation of subordinates, as well as overall employee satisfaction for the division.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university
- 10 years or more of software development and/or Testing experience.
- 5 years or more of experience in technical leadership and supervision of software development projects teams
- Experience in test driven development and behavior driven development.
Top candidates will also have:
- 5 years or more experience in designing, developing and testing software applications in Java or Scala.
- 5 years or more of experience in public cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Demonstrated leadership on medium to large-scale projects impacting strategic priorities.
- Ability to cope with shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize, delegate responsibilities and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Designing, developing, deploying, testing and maintaining software at scale.
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink, Akka, Storm
- Message brokers such as Kafka, Rabbitmq, AWS SQS, AWS SNS, Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch, MySQL, Oracle.
- Developing software applications using relational and Nosql databases.
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices, Event-driven, etc.
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- At least three plus years of deploying and maintaining software in AWS.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum).
- Debugging and maintaining software in Linux or Unix platforms.
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals like data structures and algorithms.
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints.
- Passion for technology and innovation.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.