Software Engineering Manager at LogicGate
LogicGate is a SaaS company with a mission to empower every organization with the technology they need to proactively manage and transform risk into strategic opportunities. We’ve recently secured more than $100M in Series C funding to help us get there, but we also need collaborative, curious, and self-driven team members as we continue to disrupt the wide world of GRC (governance, risk, and compliance) with our G2 Grid top rated GRC Solution, LogicGate Risk Cloud.
We’re headquartered in Chicago yet have embraced a distributed work culture with employees in 25+ states. Unless a job requirement makes it necessary for a particular role to be performed at the LogicGate office, our team members are able to choose the best working style for them whether that be in the office full-time, fully remote, or a hybrid of both. We’re already a top workplace in Chicago (just ask Built In, Crain’s Chicago Business, and the Chicago Tribune), and we’re thrilled to bring our culture nationwide.
How you’ll spend your time:
- Managing career paths, growing, and supervising ~8 engineers (30% of the time)
- Collaborating with other teams, such as Product, Customer Success, and Sales Engineering for prioritization and execution of roadmap items and helping oversee the implementation and delivery of work (30% of the time)
- Improving engineering programs and policies through participation in strategic planning, assessing current practices, and making recommendations (20% of the time)
- Aiding in engineering recruitment efforts, helping with sourcing, interviews, and coordination, with a focus on diversity (10% of the time)
- Enhancing LogicGate's participation in the Chicago tech community by organizing meetups, coordinating external blog posts, and other activities (10% of the time)
We get excited about you if you have:
- Hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- Proven development experience in a modern technology stack
- Passion for building creative, scalable solutions to complex problems
- Organizational skills and can manage multiple priorities simultaneously
What We Use:
- Back: Spring Boot, Java, Kotlin
- Front: TypeScript, Angular, Webpack, Sass
- Data: Neo4j, Redis, RabbitMQ
- Test: JUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Protractor, Selenium
- Ops: AWS, Ansible, Terraform, Hashicorp, Docker
- Work: Jira, Slack, Gitlab, G Suite
What else is in it for you?
Competitive salary, stock options, and benefits are just the beginning. Our Total Rewards Package is designed to support you both in and outside of work. We offer various programs to help you grow your career, including an Emerging Leaders Program and a Continued Education Budget ($1,000 per year per employee). LogicGate aims to nurture a work environment where our teammates feel safe coming as they are, and we offer Employee Resource Groups, regular trainings, and conversations meant to foster a sense of belonging. Outside of work, offerings like generous PTO, Summer Fridays and Health Days give you time to recharge and relax. Working with our team of 200+ might just be our best perk, though, because you’ll be working with smart, passionate people who are helping take LogicGate to the next level. Interested in joining the Herd (did we mention our mascot is a goat?)? Apply today!
Not too familiar with GRC? That’s ok—a lot of us weren’t when we were in your shoes either. Here’s what you need to know:
- GRC stands for governance, risk management, and compliance
- GRC professionals help their companies manage uncertainty, act with integrity, and stay on the right side of the law. Bottom line: they keep their companies on the right track.
- GRC is a huge market, and growing fast. Not only is it a $35 billion industry today, it’s predicted to grow to $64 billion by 2025. This is what we’re going after!
We are currently working on becoming compliant with new regulations in Colorado. Until we are able to do so, this role cannot be performed in Colorado.