Software Engineering Manager at Echo Global Logistics
Software Engineering Manager
at Echo Global Logistics
The person in this role will be responsible for leading multiple software engineering teams in their efforts to build out a modular and adaptive service-based enterprise platform.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for cultivating the software engineering and professional skills of individuals on his or her team and for fostering a healthy, collaborative and team-first environment. Acts as servant leader.
Lead Change and Innovation
Proactively identifies, and leads change in, improvement of team processes, technologies, and engineering practices; and, consistently delivers exceptional results by maintaining highly effective, Agile software engineering teams.
Support engineering teams by removing obstacles, identifying risks, and facilitating communication. Facilitate Scrum planning and estimation within teams and high level planning and estimation across teams. Hold teams accountable and own overall team results. Foster collaboration with other teams and functions. Establish and maintain a high level of SDLC rigor amongst the software engineering team members.
Manage the Client Experience
Focus on delivering exceptional results for internal and external clients. Work closely with stakeholders to maintain a close alignment between engineering projects and client expectations. Keep engineering teams well informed and focused on client expectations.
- Experience building and managing Agile software engineering teams: Scrum, Kanban, SAFe (3+ years)
- Extensive experience developing distributed, enterprise-scale software applications (10+ years)
- Extensive hands-on full-stack experience in solution testing, design patterns, database design, service-based-architecture including: domain-driven design, CQRS, SOLID principles, TDD, test automation, Microservices (10+ years)
- Expertise with Object-Oriented languages, relational and NoSQL databases, and enterprise messaging systems including: Java, C#, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server, MongoDB, Redis, Neo4j, RabbitMQ, Kafka (10+ years)
- Experience with packing and shipping applications with Docker containers using at least one of the following: Kubernetes, Swarm, Nomad
- Experience utilizing a mature CI/CD pipeline within in an organization practicing modern DevOps methods using some combination of the following: Jenkins, Azure DevOps, GitLab, Git, Artifactory
- Expert understanding of the software development lifecycle and its related team roles
- Knowledge of functional languages and relevant use cases
- Strong teambuilding and leadership skills
- Results oriented -- ability to motivate teams and instill accountability
- Ability to drive change and continuous improvement collaboratively with other leaders
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical teams and non-technical stakeholders
Director of Engineering
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.