Software Engineering Manager
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We’re looking for an experienced and technical Software Engineering Manager to lead one of our development teams. Our managers all have strong backend software engineering experience. Our engineering managers are responsible for everything from team process and organization, to performance and career growth of their team members, to high-level technical contributions to their teams' projects.
We’re small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so our engineers can focus their energy on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to take ownership of significant technical areas across the entire stack by tackling complex analytical problems across a large data set in a tech-centric company.
- Build and manage a team of software engineers.
- Guide their company performance and career growth.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor team members.
- Manage the agile development process and methodology to deliver value to customers and the business.
- High-level technical contributions to projects including software design, cost-benefit tradeoffs and compromises, performance optimization, and some coding.
- 7+ years experience developing software.
- 2+ years experience as a manager or technical leader of a software engineering team.
- Experience forming teams and recruiting software engineers.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and customers in the lifecycle of a technology product or project.
- Experience working in small teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it).
- Experience with some or all of our existing stack, or similar technologies: Ruby, Rails, MySQL, Elasticsearch.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Read Full Job Description