Software Engineering Manager at Pampered Chef
What you’ll do
As a servant leader, delight our consultants and customers with valuable software by mentoring, coaching, and empowering multiple agile teams. Grow the people on your team and help them become even more awesome. Attract new software engineers who understand and care about iterative and incremental software development practices. Ensure technical delivery teams are aligned with business stakeholders and product managers to maximize value delivery.
What your day will look like
You’ll have the flexibility of a start-up and work in a small, autonomous, highly-collaborative team backed by world-class resources and support. From project envisioning through technical feasibility all the way to delivery, you will be a key technical driver and focused on continuously improving our processes. Expect to invest heavily in understanding our business model and ensuring we’re properly leveraging technology to achieve business goals.
Technologies we use (and you should be familiar with)
Java, Hybris, Oracle, AWS, MongoDB, Spring, AngularJS, and Node.js
Other skills you’ll need
- Expert understanding of agile software development processes and practices with practical experience in iterative development and evolutionary design
- A love of mentoring and being mentored with experience coaching agile teams
- A background in TDD software development and architecture with a passion for technology and a history of continuous learning
- Experience building and operating microservices, cloud architectures, and successful implementation of continuous delivery practice
- Experience building enterprise applications that are Highly Available and meeting operational excellence standards
- Experience partnering with product managers and other business stakeholders in successful execution of strategic roadmaps
- Tried and tested technical leadership experience, with an ability to build consensus and take ownership of solving problems
About Pampered Chef
We’re a global brand delivering curated, high-quality kitchen solutions through a network of over 40,000 independent consultants. We began as a Chicago-based start-up in 1980. Today, we’re a small, agile company with long-term focus—backed by the resources of Berkshire Hathaway.
Our team is guided by our core values and our purpose of enriching lives…one meal & one memory at a time. We aren’t your typical company—we act like owners, crave challenges, seek out learning opportunities, and thrive in an environment of empowerment and accountability.