Software Engineering SRE - Payments Technology at JPMorgan Chase
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development and resiliency engineering practices, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA Info Tech / CS degree or equivalent experience
- Take on 'AO' Application Ownership responsibilities covering
- Application and Infrastructure Hygiene
- Tracking and addressing application ITRC issues and Vulnerabilities
- Monitoring and remediating exception logs
- Maintaining Seal and AOS Profiles
- Software capitalization inquiries
- Ensure static / dynamic scans and code quality measure are met
- Collaborate and work with Audit teams to respond to RFI And Audit Inquiries
- Identifying and addressing production issues with well documented root-cause analysis and tracking remediation
- Application Release
- Review build and deployment process and work on improving automation and process streamlining
- Collaborating with release and environment managers during Manoj / Minor release cycles
- Platform Resiliency
- Focus on automation to avoid repetitive system problems and develop new tools to reduce manual work
- Work on identifying opportunities to improving system resiliency, performance and stability, ensure standardized up / down stream integration failure and retry handling mechanisms are in-place
- Manage performance analysis for apps, and collaborate with performance testing team to ensure quality and comprehensive perf testing in place covering existing and new features
- Ensure team engaged in SRE work deliver timely to key milestones supporting a clear roadmap and requirements
- Partner with technology peers and product owners and lead collaborative efforts to ensure a successful end-to-end project delivery
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology and ceremonies leveraging SDLC tools to improve development and testing efficiency (JIRA, Jenkins, GIT, JUnit, Selenium, Lint)
- Banking and payments domain background is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.