Software Engineering Tech Lead at Enova
How do you like to make an impact?
Think back to your last job. Were you able to run with projects from start to finish, to truly choose each next step? Enova managers empower you to make your own decisions and drive your work. That could mean anything from taking the lead on the development of a new mobile app, to determining the best way to help a customer break down their loan payments. When we talk to our team members, they tell us their managers trust them to get the job done. Where else can your voice be heard Day One? We want you to make your mark. This is the core of Enova.
About the role:
As a Software Engineering Tech Lead, you will take ownership of the development of our systems and applications. You will team up with technical and business stakeholders, advocate for a high quality codebase, and eliminate roadblocks. You'll also enhance our collaborative environment by supporting the engineers on your team through mentorship and knowledge sharing.
We're excited about you if you have:
- 5+ years of experience in a full stack development role
- Proficiency in one or more object-oriented programming languages.
- The ability to solve problems in more than one language, and know exactly why one of them is better
- Expertise with building software features, enterprise architecture, and API integration to facilitate first in class software.
- Project management skills, specifically the ability to oversee projects end-to-end, estimate work, and break up problems into deliverable parts.
- Deployed multiple web applications from a full-stack perspective.
- Experience collaborating with product managers to plan and scope products iteratively.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience
About Software Engineering:
Our Software Engineering team is one of the largest in Chicago. We put the “Tech” in FinTech and are accountable for developing top notch products for our customers. We are structured into full-stack Agile teams, each aligned to core business lines and services, but no team is a silo. Our collaborative environment promotes continuous learning and innovation across all groups.
We primarily code in Ruby and Go. Not Familiar? No problem! We want engineers from diverse backgrounds and have created a self-paced training program to get you up to speed during your first few weeks with us. Beyond this, our teams organize hackathons and tech talks for additional learning, monthly town halls to keep everyone ‘in the know,' affinity and advocacy groups, and even a tech pumpkin carving contest!
Our business is growing and we need smart, curious, passionate folks from all backgrounds to help us build the technology that makes us successful. This is where you come in! Are you ready to grow with us?
Enova is a multinational company based in Chicago that uses technology to develop innovative financial products and services for individuals and businesses. Our mission is to help hard-working people get access to fast, trustworthy credit, and to date, we’ve provided nearly 7 million customers around the world with more than $20 billion in loans and financing. Our philosophy is simple: “Life’s short. Work someplace awesome.”
At Enova, our 1,300+ talented team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. We hire for culture-add versus culture-fit because we know diverse perspectives create the best answers. Our day to day decisions and policies embrace equity and inclusion, fostering a sense of belonging at Enova.