Software QA Engineer at Codal
Codal is a user experience design and development agency with a focus on blending an Agile process with the latest technologies. Our clientele has ranged from small business to the Fortune 100, but our philosophy has always remained the same: to empower brand visibility and deliver the most elegant web and mobile solutions possible.
Roles & Responsibilities
Codal is searching for a highly skilled quality assurance engineer to join our QA engineering team. With veritable experience in both designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions, and managing cross-functional teams, our ideal candidate will ensure every digital product Codal crafts meets our world-class standards.
Candidates must have proven experience in QA and engineering team management. Other
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating detailed comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Designing, developing and executing automation scripts using open source tools
- Identifying, recording, and documenting bugs
- Performing thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Developing and applying testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaising with internal teams to identify system requirements
- Monitoring debugging process results
- Investigating the causes of non-conforming software and training users to implement solutions
- Tracking quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Staying up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Requirements / Must Haves
- 5+ years of verifiable experience in software development and software quality assurance
- Proficiency with software QA methodologies, tools and processes like JIRA, X Ray, HP ALM and Test Rail.
- Experience with writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
Good to Have
- Hands on experience with selenium is an advantage
- ISTQB or any other testing related certification is a plus
Why Work For Codal
As a Codal employee, you're a member of a dedicated & driven organization, composed of industry visionaries and auteurs. We take the utmost pride in our work and are truly passionate about the services we provide. As a world-class agency, we offer all of the benefits of an enterprise company, in a friendlier, tight-knit office community.