Software QA Manager at Visibly
Who We Are
Visibly is a Chicago-based healthcare technology company founded in 2012, building digital vision care solutions that enable patient choice and provider capacity. Online vision testing is just the start; Visibly envisions a world where technology enables patients and doctors to connect easily and make other aspects of vision care more convenient and accessible to everyone.
We launched the first online refractive eye test that delivers a physician-issued prescription for glasses or contact lenses and we are the first FDA-cleared online visual acuity test on the US market. (See our announcement here)
At Visibly, the Software QA Manager is responsible for building and managing a team of Analysts and Engineers and ensuring that we deliver an exceptional experience for our customers and partners using our online eye tests and vision care platform. You will lead them in the design and execution of Software QA strategies and methods. You will work cross functionally with other departments and, particularly, in lock-step with the Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance teams to fortify our compliance.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience hands-on as a software developer, software quality assurance engineer, software engineer in test, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience managing/mentoring a software QA team or in software leadership
- 2+ years of experience in test automation development using common automation framework (e.g. Selenium)
- Experience conducting regular code reviews to ensure that best practices are followed at all times. Automation code should be easy to extend and support.
- Experience leading the design, execution, and maintenance of program-level test plans and strategies in order to meet the rigorous requirements of regulatory bodies, drive consistency of test methodologies, and improve quality of feature development
- Experience systematically improving test coverage and efficiency
- Experience creating/maintaining technical documentation
- Proven ability to effectively investigate, log, track, and triage bugs to determine root cause, establish prioritization.
- Strong analytic and data-driven decision-making skills with experience in SQL, statistical modeling, or similar data analysis tools
- Proven ability to introduce automated testing to an organization.
- Proven ability to collaborate with engineering, design, marketing, and the executive team.
- Proven ability to quickly shift between responsibilities while balancing longer term strategy against immediate tactical execution
- Excellent written, verbal and oral presentation skills
- Work from anywhere, but be available via Slack and video conferencing
Bonus If You Have It
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
- Experience in change management within a regulated environment (e.g. medical device)
- Experience with cloud/High Availability testing
- Competitive compensation
- Health insurance, medical and dental
- Subsidized lunches
- Free eye prescriptions from the Visibly system
- Flexible vacation
- Work from home policy
Please note: Visibly is unable to provide sponsorship or transfer any kind of Visa at this time.
Salary Range: $100,000.00 - $150,000.00 Annual.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.