Solutions Architect - Infrastructure (Remote) at DFIN (Chicago, IL)
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We’re here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we’re there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Solutions Architect at DFIN is responsible for supporting solution & project implementation, by maintaining an enterprise-wide view and a deep understanding of technology and business needs. The Solutions Architect will ensure that new technology solutions effectively establish new business capabilities and that current solutions are fully optimized. This is a highly technical position responsible for the analysis and design of the enterprise IT environment, integrating DFIN security standards. The Infra Solutions Architect will serve as a technical expert and will work with users and technical peer groups.
This position will help develop standards and establish life cycle management. Analyze and translate infrastructure requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms to achieve business objectives. This position requires excellent interpersonal skills, technical leadership skills and process improvement skills.
Solutions Architect need excellent communication skills and must be able to work collaboratively with internal clients and other colleagues. Individuals work across functional areas of DFIN and use a strong customer service mindset to ensure that infrastructure requests are delivered in a professional manner. Solutions Architect work with other technical staff and vendors to provide IT services to DFIN and our customers.
• Design and deployment architecture and determine infrastructure hardware sizing aligned with the customer strategy, roadmap, IT policies, and standards.
• Lead in the analysis and design of infrastructure systems and services.
• Lead in the analysis, design and implementation of future migration and consolidation.
• Research, evaluate, recommend and implement new technologies.
• Perform capacity planning, upgrades and expansion of enterprise IT environment.
• Maintain effective communications with vendors, peers and clients in support of assigned projects.
• Lead the assessment of migrations, upgrades, and new technologies aligned with the IT Infrastructure Architecture roadmap.
• Act as technical liaison between product and infrastructure teams, providing critical insight to design and strategy, including validation of ongoing solution supportability.
• Manage the technical relationship with select technology vendors and service providers.
• Ensure engineered systems meet business continuity and disaster recovery requirements.
• Support configuration management of IT Infrastructure services.
• Support multiple cross-functional initiatives and projects, with diverse stakeholders.
• Create and maintain detailed documentation including SOPs and System Design.
• Establish, maintain, and adhere to DFIN technical standards, policies, and procedures.
• Information Security Adherence
• Networking Delivery Coordination
• Service Validation and Testing
• Technology Evaluation
• Strategy Management
• Corporate Solution Implementation
The ideal candidate has 10+ years of experience in Windows / Active Directory environments with mid to large-sized companies (2000+ associates) and has demonstrated skills in:
• Bachelor degree or equivalent in engineering, computer science, information systems or similar.
• Compute, storage and network, Virtualization, Site recovery, Firewall, Load balances, Azure AD and Identity management.
• Cloud technologies, Azure Devops, Powershell and other configuration as code tools
• Cloud platform architecture and design is a plus
• User & identity management, governance, and federation.
• Auditing and security policies and procedures
• High Availability / Disaster Recovery
• n-Tier infrastructure
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (advanced Excel especially), Office 365.
• Passionate about customer service, user experience, and being an example for the greater team.
• Ability to successfully balance multiple simultaneous demands & self-adjust to meet shifting priorities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with the financial services industry is desirable but not required.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable aaccommodation by sending an email to [email protected]