Solutions Engineer at ShoppingGives
Growth with a Purpose
ShoppingGives began in 2015 as an organization to do good and make an impact. We build products to address the expectation for change. We exist to create impact on every purchase, and we believe that micro-actions lead to macro impact. Every day we help retailers, no matter how large or small, give back to the causes that their customers are passionate about. Through everyday purchases, we get to watch the world around us become better one transaction at a time, and we think that’s pretty incredible. Our impact is enormous and why we are growing with a purpose. We know it’s best to Invest in Tomorrow, Today. That means we don’t skip any steps while planning or default to the solutions we are comfortable with - we research tomorrow's leading technologies and how they can benefit our products.
The bottom line at the top - we make the world a better place with the tools we build. Would you like to help us by making sure our customer's technology uses our technology to the fullest and create Impact every day?
- Want to use your brilliant engineering skills to implement not just good products but products that do good?
- Would you love to grow your career by creating and managing a collaborative work environment with our account team and own the technical end of sales conversations?
- Want to write solutions for hairy integration challenges and then make them repeatable?
- Do you see into the future to understand what features to build now for our yet unseen integrations?
- Serve our technology customers quicker than Taco Bell - and without the heartburn?
- Smash a bug faster than a Porsche on the Autobahn?
- Invest in tomorrow, today, by enabling our sales team to cover the basics of integrations and keep up-skilling them?
- Believe in the value of documentation - and kinda love it?
If you answered yes to those questions - this might be the role for you.
Let's be transparent: This job isn't for everyone.
- Our mission drives our team to do good work.
- We work hard and deliver fast - we have lots of customers to keep on our platform.
- Willy Wonka doesn’t work here - so we don’t sugarcoat.
- Mistakes are forgivable, and inactivity is not.
- We're accountable to you.
- We understand that to grow our business. We must develop our people - so we're looking for learners, teachers, and in this instance, one Solutions Engineer. Is that you?
Like what you see so far, apply now. Need more info, keep reading.
Let's define "Solutions Engineer" as we see it. You love to and are great at:
- Front End frameworks like React, Anguar.js, Vue.js.
- Writing documentation - which we admit isn’t sexy, but it is valuable.
- Database Queries like: SELECT * FROM table WHERE column1=valueA AND column2=valueB
- HTML and CSS
- Fill Stack Development. You could be a Full Stack developer, and maybe you are right now - but that’s not your future.
- E-commerce platforms frameworks - especially Shopify.
- .Net core (would blow us away)
You own ShoppingGives frictionless integration process for our partners and innovating solutions to support Partners and potential Partners’ success.
Create Impact on every purchase.
We do this by enabling our retail partners to fund a donation to any charity of their customer's choice. But those retail partners need help getting spun up - that's where you come in.
What you bring to the team:
- 1+ year as a Full Stack Developer
- 1+ year working with 3rd party integration APIs
- You’ve worked in a client-facing job
- 1+ year working with FrontEnd frameworks
- Worked with Single Page Applications.
- Practical experience in a .Net framework
- Bring a good amount of the stuff listed in our definition of a Solutions Engineer (above)
If you think you're a fit or want to know more - apply right now!
Read this if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements:
OK, friend. Can we call you a friend yet? We hire people. People apply to work here, and people work here. People bring diverse experiences to jobs. We love that. So if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements, that’s ok. Apply if you’d be thrilled to wake up and do this job. We know that people aren’t unicorns, and we expect to have to train, upskill, grow, cover, and teach into some of these responsibilities. We just don’t know which responsibilities we’ll need to give that extra support until we meet you.
Why work at ShoppingGives?
- You can use your skills and time to make a positive impact every day.
- We're rich. (Just kidding, but we did close a nice round this fall.)
+++ Everyone is an owner - equity options come with this role.
- Volunteer Time Off (Cause we eat our own dog food)
- We’re outcome-driven, so you’ll get goals and the ability to execute autonomously with support.
- You'll create every day. We're around 25 people - so you'll influence tools, products, and outcomes.
- We speak over ten languages, including Gujarati, Spanish, French, Hebrew, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Ukrainian, Hindi, Bosnian, Serbian, Croatian, Cantonese, Korean, and Nepali. And English - we're pretty good at English.
But seriously, apply right now.
Compensation and Benefits
Shopping Gives offers full or partial benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance. Three weeks paid vacation, 401k, Financial Advisors, Paid Volunteering --- and if you’ve read this far - Employee Options are part of every full-timer’s compensation package. We offer an Employee Assistance Program, Transit, and Identity Theft benefits - even a discount for your Pet’s Health Insurance. Just like most startups - we game, work out, happy hour, and take in the occasional sporting event together.
Our office is conveniently located in downtown Chicago within a couple of blocks of Union Station and a short walk from every EL line.
EEOC Statement: Shopping Gives is an equal opportunity employer. Shopping Gives does not discriminate against any applicant for employment due to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected class.