Specialist, Cloud Engineering at OCC
OCC is the world's largest equity derivatives clearing organization and a key player within the US Financial markets. As the company moves further along its journey into a Cloud-based infrastructure environment and leveraging of modern Infrastructure as Code practices, we are looking for engineers seeking highly complex and challenging work that will have true ripple effects across an industry.
As a Specialist, Cloud Engineering, you will perform a range of activities required to both maintain and continuously automate a large, complex cloud-based computing environment. You will also work with other internal departments to support their requests and efforts in cloud services and automation in this environment.
This will involve utilizing best practices for the management, architecture, configuration, DR, administration, and automation of the enterprise cloud environment. These activities will drive the creation of new infrastructure and environments, which will be critical to growth and adoption of broad cloud/automation goals across the business.
The ideal candidate is passionate about new technologies, keeps current with trends in the Cloud and Infrastructure space, while always searching for ways to improve our systems as technology evolves, with a steady eye towards the extensive regulatory/compliance demands on our company (e.g. CIS, NIST, etc).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Provide expert knowledge to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture and IaaS, as well as PaaS and SaaS solutions
- Develop, test and maintain a library of deployable, tested, and documented automation design scripts, processes, and procedures.
- Enable DevOps development activities and complex development tasks that will involve working with tools such as Docker, Kafka, CICD tools (Github, Jenkins, Artifactory, etc), and container management systems.
- Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex cloud computing environment
- Assist in the design, configuration, implementation and support of an automated workflow for cloud environment provisioning
- Implement production changes during defined maintenance windows and support on call rotation
- Perform cloud computing build-outs, software installation, maintenance and support
- Write and maintain documentation of relevant operating procedures and processes.
- Assist in the design, development, and building of the business’s cloud infrastructure architecture.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Good consultative, communication, team player and analytical skills are a must, as you will be regularly interacting between various teams which are distributed across the US.
- Relevant experience with configuration and implementation of IaaS / Infrastructure as code in a cloud enviroment (AWS, Azure, etc.) in a corporate environment
- Experience with implementing and maintaining highly available mission critical environments for 24x7 availability with a defined production change control process is a strong plus
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment with short timelines and work well under pressure
- Working knowledge of infrastructure design and components, such as servers, operating systems, networks, and storage
- Hands-on experience with one or more of the following tools: Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Kafka, Github, OpenShift, and configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Advanced degree, preferably in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.) and relevant IT systems experience in cloud systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Cloud provider certifications (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure) are a strong plus