As a Specialist DevOps Engineer, you will be part of a team responsible for developing and continuously improving the Good Software Delivery (GSD) Practices CI/CD and validation pipeline templates that will be used by our Development and QA teams. GSD provides one path to production via automated build and deploy pipelines integrated with security and key controls across a large, complex cloud-based computing environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary duty satisfactorily.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation and security teams to create and continuously improve a simple to use standardized repeatable automated application pipeline that includes testing, security and automated deployment to development and QA environments.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation and security teams to create and continuously improve a simple to use standardized automated validation pipeline that includes QA, security, compliance checks that need to be passed in order to move out of development and into upper environments including releasing to production.
- Create and continuously improve automated deployment pipelines to Integration, UAT, and Production.
- Collaborate with development, QA, integration, UAT and security teams to teach them how to use and integrate the application, validation and deployment pipelines
- Identify, document, automate, and engineer processes for repeated tasks.
- Collaborate with security, QA, and compliance teams to teach them how to write and add their own checks in the validation pipeline.
- Collaborate with development, platform automation, security teams, IT business management & senior IT management to create reporting, metrics and dashboards.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary functions.
- Understanding of Kanban and/or Agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience working in Agile and DevOps cultures, focusing on process improvement and automation.
- Experience of working both independently and collaboratively in a fast paced, change oriented, and demanding IT environment with a strong focus on business outcomes.
- Able to succeed in fast-paced environment with frequent changes.
- Comfortable communicating with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Self-starter – takes the initiative to research, learn and deliver. Anticipates the play.
- Team player – humble, collaborative, and focused on making sure the entire team succeeds.
- Working knowledge of AWS ecosystem or related cloud engineering environment, with willingness to develop expertise in AWS solutions.
- 3+ years Programming/scripting experience in languages such as Java, Bash, Python or Go.
- 3+ years hands on with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools (examples - GitHub, Jenkins, Artifactory, Docker, Docker-Compose, K8s).
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps/Operations/SRE.
- Experience in technology delivery in a DevOps and cloud engineering environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field. Equivalent work experience is also acceptable.