If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewDevices Android Application Development Team is responsible for architecting, designing Android applications for use by Public Safety customers.
Android Applications Developer will be responsible for the following:
• Your responsibilities will range from requirements gathering, architecture, driving solutions, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance mobile applications
• Lead development capabilities, ability to guide & mentor other engineers
• High ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on leader to drive quality and maintain application stability
• Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects on time
• Able to brainstorm and communicate technology decisions and issues with peers and management
• Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
• Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment
Additional Qualified Skills:
• Actual Working Experience with Android UI frameworks and Android OS
• In-depth experience with Android Studio and the Android SDK
• Java and Kotlin is required.
• C and C++ experience
• Performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, leak checking, etc
• Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
• Experience with wireless device to device communication standards (Bluetooth, BLE, NFC, WiFi, ProSe) is a plus.
• Experience/knowledge in mobile application software development tools (e.g. GIT, JIRA…), testing, process (Agile, Kanban) and configuration management.
• Professional knowledge of REST, TCP/IP, SIP, RTP, HTTP, and UDP is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with 4+ years of Actual Working Android development experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with 2+ years Actual Working experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.