Sr. Android Applications Developer at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewDevices Android Application Development Team is responsible for architecting, designing Android applications for use by Public Safety customers.
Android Applications Developer will be responsible for the following:
• Your responsibilities will range from requirements gathering, architecture, driving solutions, design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance mobile applications
• Lead development capabilities, ability to guide & mentor other engineers
• High ownership, self-sufficient, hands-on leader to drive quality and maintain application stability
• Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects on time
• Able to brainstorm and communicate technology decisions and issues with peers and management
• Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a short time
• Able to work effectively in a distributed team environment
Additional Qualified Skills:
• Actual Working Experience with Android UI frameworks and Android OS
• In-depth experience with Android Studio and the Android SDK
• Java and Kotlin is required.
• C and C++ experience
• Performance analysis and tuning experience including memory usage, CPU utilization, leak checking, etc
• Excellent debugging skills to solve challenging problems
• Experience with wireless device to device communication standards (Bluetooth, BLE, NFC, WiFi, ProSe) is a plus.
• Experience/knowledge in mobile application software development tools (e.g. GIT, JIRA…), testing, process (Agile, Kanban) and configuration management.
• Professional knowledge of REST, TCP/IP, SIP, RTP, HTTP, and UDP is a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with 4+ years of Actual Working Android development experience OR Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field with 2+ years Actual Working experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.