The Senior Application Developer works with business analysts, team leads and other developers. A major contributor in Architecture design and development of scalable resilient hybrid Cloud-based solutions supporting critical financial risk management activities; mentor and collaborate with developers, architects and product owners to drive the strategy of transforming the enterprise into a data-driven organization; lead through innovative strategic thinking in building data solutions. The Senior Application Developer will be a team player and work well with business, technical and non-technical professionals in a project environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Actively participates and lead requirement analysis and reviews to identify missing or incomplete requirements. Must always look for assumptions made in the models and must always validate those assumptions of the models.
Actively participates in design of highly performing, scalable, secure, reliable and cost optimized solutions.
Primarily responsibility is application design and development of big data application for business requirements in agreed architecture framework and Agile environment
Thoroughly analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
Performs thorough code-reviews based on high engineering standards
Writes unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
Performs application and project risk analysis and recommends quality improvements.
Assists Production Support by providing advice on system functionality and fixes as required
Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate team members and management
Assist with departmental and new employee training
Experience integrating modelling libraries required. Risk analytics technology implementations experience a plus
A major influencer & strategic thinker, this person should also mentor developers and collaborate across multiple cross functional team to achieve the desired outcome.
- 8+ year of experience in building large scale, data-centric solutions.
- Java 8+ experience required.
- Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks. (Any of: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, Apache Flink or similar technologies)
- Experience with distributed message brokers. (Any of: Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis or similar technologies)
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. AWS Preferred but Azure, GCP, PCF acceptable.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks (Any of: Junit, Citrus or similar technologies)
- Experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph.
- Experience following Git workflows
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. (Like: Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline or similar technologies)
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks. (Like: Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics or similar technologies)
- ‘Get stuff done’ and flexible mindset for greater good of the organization.
- Intellectually curious and eager to learn.
Education and/or Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field required. Masters preferred.
Preferred Certificates or Licenses:
- OCP Java SE 8 Programmer
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate Level