Technical Certification Services supports business process testing for internal and external business users including:
- Externally requested testing of real-time and batch data interfaces, facilitating roundtrip testing through OCC systems for on-boarding, new or expanded external capabilities and software, OCC expanded functionality and industry initiatives to ensure external party readiness,
- Business process, internal controls and audit verifications for internal OCC departments
The Quality Assurance Analyst primary role will be to support external or internal testing requests as it relates to test execution, including application level setup within OCC’s ENCORE system, creation of testing inputs, initiating and monitoring the applicable processes, and confirming the resulting outbound data files and reports are produced. Processing can extend to multiple areas of ENCORE including Clearing as well as downstream Risk/Margin systems. The analyst will support these efforts in test planning and preparation, execution, as well as troubleshooting with external parties. The analyst may also support connectivity requests as required to facilitate testing or support Production.
This position requires a mix of business and technology knowledge with the ability to liaise between functions in order to support business process verification and utilizing technology to meet business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Executes and monitors test plans, performing any environment and/or data setup
- Supports testing parties, providing troubleshooting as needed and confirming test completion
- Coordinates with applicable business areas as needed when testing
- Assists in working with external/internal parties to scope testing efforts prior to test execution, identifying applicable inputs, outputs, needed system processing and connection points. Ensures test scope is complete and accurate.
- For testing associated to internal project work, actively participates in project meetings to provide testing status, and reports any missing/incomplete capabilities identified during testing
- Writes clear and precise reports as required for identified software defects and/or functional defects identified during testing. Coordinates with design/technical staff as needed to facilitate resolution.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner all time delays or defects in the software immediately to appropriate testing parties, team members and management
- Complete various projects and initiatives as assigned by Management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to translate technical requirements to non-technical users, as well as business analysis capabilities.
- Ability to work effectively with internal/external customers and multiple levels of management.
- Ability to absorb and retain working knowledge of multiple OCC department functions and external party interactions with OCC
- Strong skills or experience in manual testing environment and experience with both front/back end testing
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, sound judgement and time management skills, focus on customer service
- Highly motivated self-starter with creative problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills, able to manage and prioritize assignments and respond to shifting priorities
- Skilled at problem escalation and resolution
- Superb work ethic, attention to detail, team orientation, willingness to learn, and commitment to excellence
- Requires a broad knowledge of systems and application development technological alternatives: familiarity with Client/Server concepts (i.e. Java, JSP, Servlet, C++, HTML, Unix/Linux, SQL), Mainframe (TSO navigation, basic file editing, job monitoring), Unix/Linux (basic VI Editor skills), and scheduling packages (UC4, CA7, Autosys)
- Mainframe (TSO navigation, basic file editing, job monitoring), Unix/Linux (basic VI Editor skills), and scheduling packages (UC4, CA7, Autosys) knowledge and working understanding preferred
- Understanding of relational database models. Proficiency in SQL (DB2, SQL server; queries, data manipulation, reading data models)
- Familiarity with XML concepts and structures
- Familiarity with real-time (MQ) and batch (SFTP, Connect:Direct) file/messaging transfer protocols preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Economics, Business Administration, Finance or a related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in developing test scope and plans, project management, familiarity with various SDLC methodologies (Waterfall, Agile, etc)
- General securities markets, derivatives and options knowledge preferred
- Previous Options Industry or Financial Services experience preferred