Sr. Cybersecurity Manager (Incident Commander)
Sr. Cybersecurity Manager (Incident Commander)
222 W Adams St, 11th Floor
Chicago, Illinois, 60606
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is looking to hire an experienced Senior Cybersecurity Manager to function as an Incident Commander providing support to our clients. This person will be one of the leaders in our Incident Response and Recovery services team providing support to West Monroe’s clients during and after a major incident. The Senior Cybersecurity Manager will also work with Cybersecurity practice leaders to set the direction of our offerings, establish ongoing relationships with third parties and clients.
What will you be doing?
The Senior Cybersecurity Manager will serve as the core Incident Commander to direct and manage multiple workstreams and resources during Incident Response and Recovery engagements for West Monroe’s clients. The Incident Commander’s role is to lead the coordination of activities including forensic imaging and analysis, breach containment, and infrastructure recovery planning and execution. This role will likely interface with multiple groups, which could include external parties (e.g., law firms, insurance brokers and underwriters, media / public relations), West Monroe Partners resources, and client resources (e.g., C-Suite, Legal, Compliance, Risk, Security, Cybersecurity, Auditing, Operations, IT, Call Centers, Marketing, Investor Relations, Communications, Public Relations).
In addition, it is expected that this role will work closely with business and technology stakeholders to understand business objectives and advise on security risks and mitigation strategies during incident response.
Core responsibilities will include:
* Lead incident response teams and activities during security incidents (e.g., data breaches or ransomware events)
* Conduct initial incident triage, assess the effectiveness of various tactics/strategies, and make rapid decisions on appropriate courses of action
* Review and recommend technical, processes, and physical controls to counteract damage stemming from breach activities
* Lead reactive and proactive Threat Hunting engagements by performing endpoint, network, and log analysis
* Mentor and grow junior resources to develop additional forensic, response, and threat hunting capabilities
* Translate business and technical requirements into concrete projects proposals including detailed work plans and cost estimates to assist in sales efforts and develop client relationships and opportunities
* Promote thought leadership in emerging forensic and investigation technologies; including partnerships, go-to-market offerings, speaking events, and blog posts/whitepapers
We need someone with real world experience in the following:
* Must have 10+ years of experience within the information security and / or IT risk management arena
* Experience with incident response management including but not limited to technical recovery, legal or compliance notifications, incident response plan development and table top testing .
* Architecture, engineering, and deployment of infrastructure and cybersecurity solutions
* Advanced understanding of application, database, authentication, and network security principles
* Advisory experience in compliance or regulatory frameworks (e.g, HIPAA, PCI, HITRUST, SOC)
* Excellent organizational, verbal, presentation/facilitation, and written communication skills
What else do you need to bring to the table?
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or equivalent industry experience
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification or equivalent highly desired
* Ability to convey complex technical security concepts to technical and non-technical audiences during crisis situations (e.g., executive or board level presentations)
* Ability to work with senior business leaders to understand business objectives, identify risk factors, and communicate effective mitigation strategies
* Experience and relationships with Law Enforcement, Forensic / Incident Response Firms, Cyber Insurance providers, Breach Coaches and Law Firms
* Willingness to travel for out of town client engagements, up to 80%
West Monroe Partners is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer -
We believe in treating each employee and applicant for employment fairly and with dignity. We base our employment decisions on merit, experience, and potential, without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.