Sr DevOps Engineer at OneMain Financial
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
We are growing! We are currently seeking an experienced Senior DevOps Engineer for our Digital team in downtown Chicago. This position will primarily focus on automation in Amazon Web Services (AWS) as we build and scale our online presence. Responsibilities include:
- Provide end user support for the Chicago office by creating / deleting software accounts and helping team members with VPN setup.
- Programmatically create infrastructure in AWS, leveraging Autoscaling Groups, Security Groups, Route53, S3, and IAM.
- Experience with Git.
- Enable our product development team to deliver new code daily through Continuous Integration and Deployment Pipelines.
- Protect our customer data with continuous security practices and monitoring.
- Ensure our systems are highly available and resilient.
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotations for mission critical web systems.
The ideal candidate will have command line experience with Linux including writing bash scripts. Networking fundamentals and programming skills in Python, Ruby, Java, or similar language is needed. It is important to have the ability to learn and apply new technologies through self-learning. We also prefer the following skills and experience:
- VPCs, ELBs, RDS, Cloudwatch, EC2, and Lambda.
- Configuration Management experience with Terraform and Ansible or similar (Chef, Puppet, Salt).
- Setup and management of a Kubernetes cluster, including writing Dockerfiles and Helm templates.
- Continuous Integration setup and administration.
- Release Engineering: deployment pipelines; continuous deployment.
- Open-source monitoring experience (Prometheus / Grafana preferred).
- Database administration of PostgreSQL or similar.
- Management of growing Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana stack.
- Architecting highly-available distributed systems.
- AWS operations experience. AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Developer, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator, AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time, and more.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.