Senior Engineer – WebHosting
“The limit of our growth is going to be our imagination and product ideas – not technology.” – Mohit Kapoor, CTO
What we’ll bring:
· A welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
· Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences, seminars, and work from home options.
· Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
What you’ll bring:
· Experience with – Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere, IBM Http Server, Nginx, Cloud Services and Docker Containers.
· Ability to communicate your vision, work in an Agile team, use your analytical skills to provide alternative solutions to technical problems and ability to debug complex issues
· Previous experience in setting up large and highly resilient infrastructure configurations in multi-datacenters.
· Experience working with other teams to create a common solution that fits the needs of a product request with little oversight
We’d love to see:
· Broad knowledge of middleware technologies such as Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere and industry trends with subject matter specialization in web and application server infrastructure hosting and administration.
- Broad Knowledge and extensive experience supporting web servers such as Apache, IBM Http Server and Nginx
· Proven experience setting up large highly resilient infrastructure configurations in multi-datacenter type operations, large server farms, implementing solid application and middleware security. Significant exposure to, internal/external facing web distributed environments
· 5+ years of experience working with Middleware components such as – Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or equivalent experience
· Experience in instrumenting monitoring tools like AppDynamics, Wily Introscope, etc and log management tools - Splunk desired
Impact you’ll make:
· In the first 90 days – be able to assist with current projects, building new middleware components and upgrading the existing platforms.
· Beyond 90 days – effectively advocate for standards and best practices across architecture boards, delivery teams, and senior management, provide poc’s, integrations, and work with various teams to design solutions.
- 3+ years of experience using automation technologies such as Ansible to automate server builds, installation, configuration, and change management
- 3+ years of experience with SSL/TLS protocols and implementations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of scripting technologies using bash, Perl, Python (preferred), and similar tools.
- 1+ year of experience working with cloud technology providers such as AWS and Azure
- 1+ year of experience working with Docker containers.
What you will be performing
- Install new / upgrade existing web and application servers and configure the Middleware technology components in accordance with TransUnion standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain automated installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform system and application monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Ensure operational integrity of the middleware infrastructure by driving backup and redundancy deliverables
- Maintain and update security certificates and platform/environment patching in keeping with Information security standards
- Perform problem / performance analysis as needed to identify root causes of issues.
- Working on an agile team and be able to deliver results in the timelines given for each project
- On Call rotation that will require off hours engineering support and weekends support as required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.