Sr. Engineering Manager
project44 is revolutionizing the freight and logistics industry by applying cutting edge technologies to automate the entire lifecycle of freight shipments including quoting, scheduling, and real-time visibility. project44’s network of APIs is capable of optimizing the shipment lifecycle, empowering companies to deliver the best customer experience possible, and provide up to date data while cutting costs along the way.
If you are passionate about leading teams and love building scalable, distributed micro services this position is for you. This is a strategic role and we are looking for experienced managers who have experience leading teams and can operate at scale. If you like to build, grow and develop teams and like to make a huge impact while doing so, we are interested in talking to you.
- Lead a team of engineers to design, develop and support a world-class platform serving millions of requests.
- Dive into details of issues, drive the execution of decisions that impact the product, systems, and team.
- Be able to form an opinion from diverse perspectives from technical experts and drive high-quality technical decisions.
- Identify areas of technical improvements and guide the dev team to proper solutions.
- Own the team’s technical strategy, roadmap, and execution plan.
- Mentor, coach and develop highly talented engineers and lead.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- BS or higher in computer science.
- Experience with Java, AWS, Docker.
- At least 4 years of relevant hands-on technical management experience of software developers of varying levels as well as past record of excellent individual technical achievement.
- At least 6 years experience as a software engineer with exposure to large scale distributed systems.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to lead the team towards a vision.
- Strong communication skills to articulate vision/strategy.
- Ability to set the pace for team, drive change, and push for results.
- Expert Agile practitioner, someone that can run stands, sprint planning and retros.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States