Sr. Front End Engineer
Location: 2000 W. Fulton St., Chicago, IL
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 software-enabled smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased at the fridge or using our mobile apps. We are based in the Fulton Market neighborhood and supported by $45 million in venture capital from prominent local and national firms, including leading technology investor Innovation Endeavors. We are building a world class team to drive fast growth and bring our wholesome, delicious foods to new markets and cities.
About this job:
You will work on the Consumer Experience team to architect and develop the front end experiences for our digital ecosystem. Your influence will extend beyond the code that your write by also mentoring the more junior engineers on your team. The result of your work is a positive user experience.
- A primary focus of your work will be the website. Your initiatives could pave the way for consumer web ordering (B2C) and further personalizing the CX at our fridges.
- You will need to collaborate closely with the Product and Design. You understand your individual tasks and projects and how they fit into company objectives.
- You will draw on your experience and creativity to present new ideas and solutions to problems. You already know the rules - now your keen understanding allows you to push boundaries.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- You must have experience with React
- 5+ years of Front End development experience preferably related to consumer products or e-commerce.
- Ideally, you have worked on greenfield development projects
- Flexible. You know how to switch gears quickly. Sometimes you have to abandon long-time projects and switch to something new. You think of everything as a learning experience.
- Communicator. You know how to talk about your work to people who aren’t familiar with the lingo. You also listen to and strive to understand other people’s work and ideas.
- Honest. You know your limitations and when something hasn’t worked the way you wanted it to. You talk candidly about your success and failure because you know it’s best to be upfront.
- Improvement Oriented. Your wheels are always spinning about ways to do things better and more efficiently. You consider unexpected angles.
- Independent. Your experience is the wind beneath your wings. You don’t need to be trained and can hit the ground running.
- Vision. You think in big pictures. Sometimes your ideas are far fetched but you constantly rework them until they’re attainable goals.
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Professional development opportunities
- Clarity Breaks. We encourage you to step away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Sports Leagues. Fueling teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of fun competition
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: