Sr. IAM Engineer | Remote at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewMotorola Solutions is growing and we are looking for System Engineers to join the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering Identity and Access Management team. Our team is responsible for the development and operations of critical cloud infrastructure and platform services for our public safety SaaS offering. This team is part of Motorola Solutions’ Software Enterprise division, which offers secure, reliable, and efficient team communications, workflow and operational intelligence solutions for mission critical public safety and enterprise markets throughout the world.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering organization is responsible for:
- Development and operation of common platform services, such as identity management, that can be leveraged by our SaaS solutions
- Design and implementation of the continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline into multiple public cloud regions
- Overall reliability and security of these services and the environments they run in
- Monitoring and support for these platform and infrastructure services, as well as metrics collection and reporting related to them
This position is open to remote candidates based in the US.
Motorola Solutions is growing in Salt Lake City and Seattle and we are looking for engineers to join our team. The Cloud Infrastructure Engineering organization is responsible for the development and operations of critical cloud infrastructure and platform services, in support of Motorola Solutions' public and hybrid cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions for public safety customers.
As a senior engineer on this team, you will be a key contributor to a platform identity solution. Our identity team is developing services, tools, and processes to provide a common customer single sign-on solution and service identity solution. The right individual will be motivated and will have a passion for automation, deployment processes, and operational innovation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scope, design, and development of custom solutions for identity management
- Design, implementation, and deployment of system automation tools
- On-call, night, and weekend work are occasionally required for services developed by the team
If you have experience in any of the following we would be happy to speak with you!
- Demonstrated experience with modern authorization and authentication protocols such as OAuth2 and OpenId Connect
- Demonstrated experience automating, deploying, and operating services on major cloud services like Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services
- Experience mentoring more junior team members and leading development work by example
Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
- A background in Linux/Unix Administration
- Prior operating experience with LDAP compatible directories and SSO servers such as Ping Directory and Ping Federate.
- Prior experience working with Kubernetes and Docker
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers.
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent degree or equivalent industry experience)
- 6+ years of experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.