Sr. Kotlin Engineer at Clearcover
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What will you do?
- Design, build and maintain our backend applications and infrastructure
- Support production applications including on-call responsibilities
- Own features from start to finish while working with your scrum team to ensure on time delivery with technical excellence and quality
- Collaborate with other teammates to creatively solve problems ranging from scalability and performance to users interface and experience
- Help improve, expand and maintain our acquisition, applicant and customer APIs
- Work with the engineering and product team to help bring the features on our ambitious roadmap to life for our customers
What do you have?
- 4+ years of Software Development experience in a variety of programming languages
- Experience working on a Scrum team
- Professional working experience in the JVM; Kotlin, Scala
- TypeScript knowledge and experience using it either as a frontend, backend or full stack developer
- Strong architecture skills, able to present ideas and implement designs to meet the needs of customers
- Strong understanding of RESTful API conventions
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Passion for growing your skills, tackling interesting work and challenging problems
- Ability to strike a balance between the needs of today with building towards a greater future
What's in it for you?
- Unlimited vacation, we hire adults
- Equity for all employees, so you own a piece of the pie too
- Dental and Vision, we've got you covered 100%
- Medical, we cover the vast majority of your premiums to make the cost of you and your family's coverage affordable. Plus, we contribute to your HSA and HRA (cha-ching)
- We invest in your future by contributing 3% of your salary to a 401(K), even if you don't
- Come to work pre-taxed through our FSA commuter benefits
- and yes, we have unlimited LaCroix, beer, snacks and the occasional ice cream social
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.