Sr. Manager Front End Development, Customer Experience at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge was founded in Chicago in 2013 with the mission of making wholesome, delicious food easily accessible, so people can live a little happier and healthier. Our network of 300+ software-enabled smart Fridges vend handcrafted salads, grain bowls, sandwiches, and more. We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge at a time.
At our core, we are a team that cares – about the business, the impact our product makes, and about each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. Transparency and collaboration are key to our process, as Farmer’s Fridge is a fast-paced work environment where things are always evolving. We’re proud to have a tight-knit team where people bring their A game every day.
Various team and company social events and town halls keep us connected to each other as well as aligned and focused on our short and long term goals. We’re opening Fridges weekly across the country and are looking for people with passion, ingenuity, and moxie to join our team and help us fulfill our mission of making healthy food as accessible as a candy bar!
What are the responsibilities of the Senior Manager Front End Development, Customer Experience?
The Senior Manager Front End Development, Customer Experience will own all front end platforms — essentially customers’ experiences. You will manage and inspire a talented team and lead them to complete exciting projects. The customer experience is central to your job; however, you will also have to keep in mind the company goals. One company project is personalization of the user experience. Your fresh insight will be key and we will count on you to help us think outside the box.
- Your contributions will result in an overhaul of our digital touchpoints including redesigning our apps, website and fridge.
- Your leadership and resource allocation decisions will ensure that Farmer’s Fridge delivers a positive customer experience.
- It will be essential that you collaborate with other internal teams, especially Product, Marketing and Leadership.
What are we looking for in a Senior Manager Front End Development, Customer Experience?
- Ideally, you’ll have at least 10 years of relevant experience, with management experience
- You are familiar with web and native development (iOS or Android)
- Communication. You listen to others and can understand how their contributions fit in with others. You can convey complicated concepts and instructions in a clear manner.
- Leadership. Your words and actions provoke positive action. Your team understands your direction and motivated to see it through.
- Planning. You methodically plan next steps and understand how your choices impact your team and how their actions affect the company.
- Agile. You feel comfortable creating structure in ambiguous situations; however, you have a knack for pivoting quickly when necessary.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
Happier Weekdays - Walking into the office should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas around the cold brew tap.
Never run on empty - Daily Farmer's Fridge meal, Monday bagels, draft cold brew, office snacks, and Friday happy hours are just some of the offerings to make sure you aren't distracted by a growling stomach.
Take a break - Check out what new products Chef is testing in the R&D kitchen, challenge a coworker to a game of Fridgeopology, rally a spontaneous happy hour at Goose Island down the street, start a heated debate on the best M&M flavor with a poll in Slack, or jump in on a team kickball game!
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the bottom line. Own it. Literally - with company equity you have the opportunity to share directly in our success. You can also participate in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures