Sr. Manager Front End Development, Customer Experience
Location: 2000 W. Fulton St., Chicago, IL
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 software-enabled smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased at the fridge or using our mobile apps. We are based in the Fulton Market neighborhood and supported by $45 million in venture capital from prominent local and national firms, including leading technology investor Innovation Endeavors. We are building a world class team to drive fast growth and bring our wholesome, delicious foods to new markets and cities.
About this job:
Your job is to own all front end platforms — essentially customers’ experiences. You will manage and inspire a talented team and lead them to complete exciting projects. The customer experience is central to your job; however, you will also have to keep in mind the company goals. One company project is personalization of the user experience. Your fresh insight will be key and we will count on you to help us think outside the box.
- Your contributions will result in an overhaul of our digital touchpoints including redesigning our apps, website and fridge.
- Your leadership and resource allocation decisions will ensure that Farmer’s Fridge delivers a positive customer experience.
- It will be essential that you collaborate with other internal teams, especially Product, Marketing and Leadership.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Ideally, you’ll have at least 10 years of relevant experience, with management experience
- You are familiar with web and native development (iOS or Android)
- Communication. You listen to others and can understand how their contributions fit in with others. You can convey complicated concepts and instructions in a clear manner.
- Leadership. Your words and actions provoke positive action. Your team understands your direction and motivated to see it through.
- Planning. You methodically plan next steps and understand how your choices impact your team and how their actions affect the company.
- Agile. You feel comfortable creating structure in ambiguous situations; however, you have a knack for pivoting quickly when necessary.
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Professional development opportunities
- Clarity Breaks. We encourage you to step away from your routine to reflect on your work strategy and top priorities
- Volunteer Opportunities. We love to engage with our community and participate in events that are aligned with our mission
- Sports Leagues. Fueling teamwork and collaboration with a healthy dose of fun competition
- Regular team celebrations for company milestones and other special events
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: