Reporting to the Patch Manager, you will be part of the Patching COE Operations team, supporting patching for OS or Applications for Ensono’s clients. To support the managed service customers, delivering outstanding levels of support on the systems. This will be done following the Advanced change control and customer procedures. This person will be client-facing with multiple customers in our datacenter spread across US, UK and Europe. The Senior Patch Management Engineer should have 12+ years of patching experience with various patch management tools, preferably with Ivanti/Shavlik and know how to implement and deploy patches. This person should be proactive and independent thinker and should own patching for client servers. The Patch team is responsible for maintaining and enhancing the service we deliver to our clients by effectively: • Standardizing the patching process across our clients to deliver service consistently • Patching all the servers at defined frequency. Monthly for Windows, Quarterly for Linux • Managing client/Internal communication on all patching related activities • Reviewing and analyzing the patch failure trends • Reducing the patching failures through root cause analysis • Identify and execute the automation opportunities to generate efficiencies in team and be able to manage workload efficiently • Report the compliance of patching to our clients • Collaborating with internal departments to mitigate Patching related issues
- Working with clients to determine common patch schedules
- Provide 24X7 system administration and resolve patching related issues.
- Assist with maintaining compliance for industry certifications such as PCI , SOC Audits and ensure evidences are provided timely to auditors
- Lead the onboarding for new clients and ensuring critical information is gathered to be able to configure systems for patching
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and Microsoft security patch installations issues as they arise
- Ensuring patching is getting executed as per defined schedule for customers
- Governance of Patching to report compliance% and work with stakeholders to address failures
- Reduce patch failures by collaborating with stakeholders to taking corrective actions
- Ensuring tickets are timely closed and failed patches are re-scheduled post closure of issues
- Regular reporting for patch compliance and system audit data
- Develop checklists, best practices and procedures to support patch management process
- Provide recommendations and build automations to making Patch process efficient
- Assistance with execution of projects related to areas of responsibility
- Adherence to ITIL processes for raising changes, incidents, problems
- Stay informed for advances in patch mgmt. technologies, configuration, and administration
- Good understanding of Infrastructure technologies including Linux and Windows Server
- Basic technical awareness of IT infrastructure Servers, Networking, VMWare, ESXi
- Exposure to centralized automated patching services i.e. WSUS, SCCM, Ivanti, AWS Patch Manager, Azure Patch Manager, Satellite, etc.
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework
- Knowledge of reporting through Excel, Tableau, Power BI
- Knowledge of automating through shell /scripting (any bash, PowerShell, Perl, Excel Macros, Python) , CHEF, Ansible playbooks, AWX etc.
- Analytical skills and Problem-Solving Ability
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good team player who can work individually as well as collaborative, based upon delivery needs
- Effective and clear communication skills, with ability to describe complex technical scenarios in concise manner with confidence and conviction to all levels of mgmt.
- Willingness to learn quickly, a can-do attitude and motivated to succeed and grow
- Strong sense of ownership & urgency, ability to prioritize, attention to detail, flexibility, sense of vigilance & adherence to all compliance procedures& policies.
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all the globe.
- Minimum 12+ years of working experience supporting patching across infrastructure components
- Experience on Manual Patching or Automated Patching through tool is MUST
- Strong skill set with Ivanti (or similar) tool for patch management and package distribution across on-premises and cloud hosted assets
- Familiar with Security standards, PCI Remediation and other Audit requirements
- Strong understanding of Wintel Operating systems (2008 – 2019) for servers, Linux, Unix (RHEL/ CENTOS / AIX)
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESX, vCenters, Network etc. is added advantage
- Basic Knowledge on Shell scripting / Perl / Python/ AWX etc is required
- Ability to patch applications like SharePoint, exchange, SQL servers, Other applications is highly desirable
- Vulnerability assessment to help identifying false positives and remediate vulnerabilities across different infrastructure areas is highly desirable