Sr. Presales Systems Engineer (Remote) at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see inside buildings and police officers see around street corners. We provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We do this by connecting them to seamless communication networks, applications and services, by providing them with real-time information, and by arming them with intuitive, nearly indestructible handheld devices. The Sales Engineering Group is the technical lifeblood of the Sales Organization. Our engineers bring to life the innovative communications solutions that make a difference in the moments that matter. As the solutions architecture the Sales Engineering Groups have the technology and design responsibility for all sales support engagements nationwide.
The Presales Engineer role is a field based position that partners closely with the Motorola Solutions direct sales team as well as our customers. You will be responsible to deliver customer-driven, world-class, leading-edge, end-to-end solutions that rise to the challenges that our customers face. The Presales Engineer is the overall owner of the solutions’ technical design, incorporating products and services from both Motorola and third-party companies.The team concentrates on the following mission-critical communications technologies at various levels of complexity:
• Public safety grade mobile voice and data networks
• Advanced mobile devices
• Public safety mobile broadband networks and devices (LTE)
• Integrated command and control: Next Generation 9-1-1 Dispatch Consoles, Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD)
• Intelligence-Led Public Safety: Real-time video and data analytics
Additional Responsibilities Include:
• Customer requirements discovery
• Technology strategy development
• End-to-end system architecture design
• Proposal development
• Understanding and combating competitive influences
• Participating in contract negotiations
• Internal and external technical presentations
Additional Skills Include:
• Bachelors Degree is preferred. Emphasis in Electrical, Wireless, Computer, Network Engineering or Computer Science Degree is desired
• 2+ years experience in Engineering, Sales or Project Management
• Positive attitude with a can-do mentality that enables you to be creative, resourceful and deliver results
• Strong written and oral communications skills with the ability to present complex topics to technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Willingness to think out of the box and challenge the status quo
• Attention to detail and a flawless execution mindset
• Strong general knowledge of wireless communications fundamentals and voice/data architectures - both public and private (e.g. APCO P25, LTE, 802.11, 3G/4G) is highly desirable.
• Strong general knowledge of IP networking architecture, protocols and security is highly desirable
• Knowledge of RF coverage predictions, traffic/capacity modeling, and related toolsets is an asset
• Travel: 10-25%.
2+ years of experience in one of the following: sales, engineering or solutions architecture
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Travel RequirementsUnder 25%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.