Convr (formerly Datacubes) is a growing startup in the InsureTech space. Our d3 Underwriting Platform helps underwriters make better decisions more efficiently. As we continue to grow we are looking for leaders to help us scale not only our platform but our organization.
- Architect software solutions for complex high volume data environments.
- Develop containerized microservices using Python.
- Collaborate with software development team to fix and improve existing applications.
- Monitor and assess current system performance.
- Identify scalability issues and opportunities.
- Support software testers and application engineers during deployments and maintenance.
- Provide support for testing/development/staging environments.
- Create testing strategies and procedures for all core components.
- Communicate with RESTful services.
Technical skills demonstrated
- 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer (Java, C#)
- 2+ years professional experience as a senior Python developer
- Extensive programming experience in server-side (Python a must)
- Experience in RESTful services
- Experience with databases (RDBMS/MariaDB/MySQL a must, NoSQL experience a plus)
- Experience working with JSON APIs
- Experience working on Linux, Unix based deployments
- Working knowledge of Git, JIRA, Pytest
Problem solving skills demonstrated
- Analyzing, and validating a variety of input data sources; identifying the relationship among source data objects.
- Developing common definitions of sourced data; defining reusable approach to data integration
- Designing efficient approach to processing third party data using Python
- Designing efficient approach to analyzing data-at-scale using Python
- Proactively identify process improvements and ways to increase development efficiency in the organization
- Ability to multi-tasking and managing competing priorities while meeting assigned deadlines
Convr is a growing startup in the InsureTech space. Our d3 Underwriting Platform helps underwriters make better decisions more efficiently. As we continue to grow we are looking for leaders to help us scale not only our platform but our organization.
Communication / Interpersonal skills demonstrated:
- Gaining knowledge on the organization’s processes as they evolve and change; recommending changes
- Effective communication in technical concepts and solutions
- Enjoys working in a highly feedback oriented team setting
- Motivated by the "always on" startup environment
Additional preferred topics:
- Experience working with Docker
- Experience working Celery, SQL Alchemy, Elastic Search
- Knowledge of Docker Swarm
- Proficiency in big data storage solutions
- Knowledge of big data analysis and machine learning
- Experience developing client/device monitoring systems
- BS in Computer science preferred
- Data Science coursework preferred