Sr QA Engineer at OneMain Financial
OneMain is the largest non-bank lender in the United States.
One of our critical and highly visible initiatives is building and scaling industry-leading lending digital applications and experiences for our customers. A key component of this initiative will be aligning and executing a testing strategy to optimize performance and user experience. We’re seeking a senior QA engineer to create and execute tests and work with product and UX to inform streamlined product development.
We are growing and looking for a Sr QA Engineers for our beautiful downtown Chicago office. The Sr. QA Software Engineers on our team contribute to the success of our websites and mobile applications. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, reliable, detailed, and driven to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment.
What you will do
- You will work closely with Product Managers to close requirements gaps, define acceptance criteria, and create thorough test plans
- Work closely with software engineers to deliver stories in an agile environment
- Review code changes and unit tests and leverage knowledge to focus testing
- Create and maintain automated tests based on story acceptance criteria
- Become the subject matter expert for several areas of our applications
- Test new features across various browsers and devices
- Investigate complex bugs and provide root cause analysis
Skills and experience you’ll need
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years relevant experience in testing. We also seek the following:
- Strong understanding of RSpec, Capybara, and Selenium WebDriver
- Ability to setup and maintain local testing environments with minimal assistance
- Experience creating actionable bug reports and effectively communicate to development
- Advanced understanding of SQL and ability to write complex SQL queries
- Ability to self-manage story priority and timeliness of delivery
- Ability to monitor log files and troubleshoot based on stack traces before escalating
- Understand when bugs should or should not stop a release
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working with Jenkins and/or CircleCI
- Experience utilizing the Page Object model in automated tests
- Experience working in a startup environment
At OneMain, we understand that for our team members to be their best, they need the right opportunities and benefits. Our comprehensive benefits package for full-time and some part-time employees includes health and well-being options for team members and dependents, up to 4% matching 401(k), tuition reimbursement, continuing education, incentive pay, paid time off, paid volunteer time and more.
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company. With nearly 1,600 branches across 44 states, we proudly offer safe, affordable and transparent installment loans to millions of hard-working people. Our customers turn to us to meet important financial needs, including debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. OneMain is constantly innovating to serve customers when, where and how they want by investing in our technical digital capabilities. Our steadfast commitment to doing the right thing extends to our customers, our employees and the communities where we live and work – a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.