SR REACT SOFTWARE ENGINEER at Caterpillar
The Sr. React/UI Software Engineer will contribute to strategic enhancements in HCL Commerce of new and existing global eCommerce sites used by Caterpillar dealerships and end customers. These enhancements to our eCommerce presence will contribute to Caterpillar’s growth goal of aftermarket part sales.
JOB DUTIES: The Sr. React/UI Software Engineer contributes to design, development, code reviews and deployment of Caterpillar’s global eCommerce sites.
- Competent to perform all programming, project management, and development assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift and weekend support calls.
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Drives application development focused around delivering business valuable features
- Mentor and assist software engineers, providing technical assistance and direction as needed
- Maintains high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits
- Identifies and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Guide the team to develop a structured application/interface code, new program documentation, operations documentation and user guides in a casual, flexible environment
- Communicate with end users and internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years of software development experience or at least 5 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing software applications in ReactJS
- Demonstrated leadership on small to medium-scale projects impacting strategic priorities
Top candidates will also have:
- Strong understanding and/or experience in many of the following,
- HTML5, CSS, Sass, Bootstrap
- Jest, React Testing Library
- Git, Node, NPM
- Proven experience in many of the following,
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as AWS or Azure.
- Working within an Agile framework (ideally Scrum)
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering or related field is required
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .