Sr. Release Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You partner with Alliant product, project and development teams to ensure code, services and products seamlessly move from development through rollout and into production. Responsibilities include the ability to successfully lead complex multi-dimensional, high-visibility projects concurrently. Outstanding communication, adaptability, innovation, effective negotiation, problem solving and analytical aptitude are vital for success. Work requires advanced experience with Release Management, Agile Methodologies and/or Project Management.
This is a hands-on role that requires exceptional technical aptitude and superb partnership competencies to effectively work with members of the development, infrastructure security, and solution architecture teams (i.e., engineers and testers). Resources to do the job require reliance on advanced technical knowledge of Azure DevOps implementation and administration, microservices, architecture and process enhancement to support the company’s development and testing efforts. General direction is received from the Manager, DevOps.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Work across product, project and development teams to deliver software products and services to production.
- Provide ongoing feedback to product, project and development teams to facilitate release planning preparedness (e.g., definition, scoping, etc.) to ensure each release has an actionable, prioritized backlog
- Ensure that release stakeholders (e.g., Product Owners, Executives, Program Managers, etc.) have visibility to and understanding of the critical data for the release – milestones, dependencies, issues and risks, mitigation plans, metrics and communicates appropriately
- Develop and drive the release management process and associated procedures
- Establish and manage the annual calendar for digital development releases and environment management
- Develop and drive release planning events, deployment plans, TRAP meetings, Release Retro etc.
- Coordinate with technology and business stakeholders’ releases of core systems (Symitar)
- Coordinate annual Disaster Recovery exercise with infrastructure, ARE, Security and SQA teams
- Keeps track of external dependencies and manage these dependencies throughout the annual release planning lifecycle
- Create and maintain dashboard for non -production environments and supervise environments utilization and manage utilization minimizing disruption to technology teams
- Collaborate with the DevOps Workgroup to maximize the efficiency of release delivery
- Utilize metrics from previous releases to identify, test and implement proven revisions to the release management process
- Drive the full development of the release management process (e.g., workflows, process documentation, etc.)
- Research and incorporate DevOps best practice recommendations into Alliant’s release management efforts
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years’ experience in an applicable field (e.g., software quality assurance, project management, release management, IT, operations, etc.), and you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience using ALM tools (e.g., Azure DevOps, ServiceNow ALM, etc.)
- Project management experience working as the Release Manager on several projects concurrently required
- Experience with Agile SAFe methodology and Kanban Framework
- Experience with developing reports, metrics and assessments
- Experience with Azure and cloud-native architecture
- Technical experience on .Net, Java, microservices, mobile app dev tools and automation
- Experience in coordinating with several stakeholders for enterprise disaster recovery and /or exercise involving Production maintenance
- Azure DevOps project organization best practices; ability to generate required metrics
- Understanding of Quality Assurance/Software Quality Best Practices
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of Agile software development methodologies
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off