Sr. Security Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
Start a Rewarding Career with Alliant
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for implementing, maintaining, monitoring and managing secure solutions. The engineer delivers these solutions in accordance with the organization’s architectural designs, best practices, and regulatory or compliance requirements. As risks change, the security engineer is responsible for recommending modifications and enhancements to ensure the organization is evolving with the threat landscape.
The Senior Security Engineer is expected to contribute to the corporate security strategy with security leadership and other senior security colleagues and technologists. Recipients of the engineer’s implementations and management include IT infrastructure, application development, security operations, security audit and end users. With an emphasis on securing systems, applications, third-party connections, service providers and ancillary systems, the Senior Security Engineer is responsible for securing business-to-business initiatives, third-party relationships, outsourced solutions and vendors. Considered a highly knowledgeable individual, the Senior Security Engineer is expected to implement, monitor and manage secure solutions that address modern day issues.
Do you see yourself doing this?
- Handle day-to-day implementation, monitoring and operational support of hardware, software, customer applications, managed solutions and service provider relationships.
- Engage in information security projects that evaluate existing security infrastructure and propose changes as defined by security leadership and architects. Additionally, deliver projects on time, within budget and in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
- Assist with incident response and system stability issues as they occur. Implement solutions observing compliance – Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA), Payment Card Industry (PCI), Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), NCUA, FFIEC, etc. – and privacy laws.
- Work in tandem with architects, the security operations center (SOC), incident responders (in cases of anomalous activity and host compromise), and technology infrastructure and development team members.
- Respond to and handle service and escalation tickets within SLA expectations.
- Participate regularly in change project and change management meetings.
- Research, validate and deploy solutions meeting security and business needs.
- Follow security engineering fundamentals and processes as outlined in NIST 800-160 and CIS
- Influence the planning and execution of incident response and postmortem exercises, with a focus on creating measurable benchmarks to show progress (or deficiencies requiring additional attention).
- Focus on driving security efficiencies, enabling security team members to work on more advanced tasks.
- Conduct performance testing to stress the limitations of security solutions while at the same time ensuring business innovation and day-to-day processes are not negatively impacted.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if in addition to the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information assurance, MIS or related field, or equivalent, and you have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, required
- Highly technical and analytical expertise, with a proven deep background (preferred 5+ years’ IT experience in addition to cybersecurity) in technology design, implementation and delivery
- Experience managing firewalls, web proxies, IDS/IPS, NAC and other network and system monitoring tools
- Skilled in meeting vulnerability and penetration testing requirements
- Experience in cloud computing technologies, including software, infrastructure and platform-as-a-service, as well as public, private, and hybrid environments
- Excellence in communicating business risk from cybersecurity issues
- Track record of acting with integrity, taking pride in work, seeking to excel, being curious and adaptable, and communicating effectively
- CISSP, CISM and/or SANS certifications preferred
- Demonstrable knowledge of as many of the following products as possible: Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco ISE, F5 Load Balancers, F5 AWAF, BlueCoat Proxy, Cisco ASA Firewalls, Okta
- Experience with one or more of the following: ISO 27001, NIST, PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS), SOX, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Center for Internet Security (CIS) standards or Service Organization Controls (SOC) 2
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Unix
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours based on business need
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off