Are you ready to transform an industry? At Centro we are building a comprehensive tech platform that radically increases efficiencies and impact across businesses, teams, and campaigns. Our clients can run all their digital business through Basis, with robust business intelligence, workflow automation, search and social integrations, and the number one rated DSP.
We’re taking the digital advertising world by storm and are proud to be headquartered in the rapidly growing tech hub of Chicago, with offices that span across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Join us in our mission to improve the lives of everyone working in the industry!
WHY WORK WITH US?
At Centro, we believe that lasting success is achieved through continual dedication to the growth and well-being of the individual. Our people are the core of what makes Centro unique. Driven by the Centro Manifesto and our guiding principles, we look to hire the best and brightest minds—curious, passionate learners who are driven to create impact.
We are committed to building a culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. When we work hard, stay focused, and act in service to others, we believe that anything is possible.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Technology is at the core of what we do. Centro’s innovative Engineering team designs and develops new features and integrations for Basis, our industry-leading, comprehensive software solution. Our platform processes over 300 billion events per day and uses machine learning to automate and simplify the entire digital campaign process.
This team is all about data—and in order to create value from the massive amount of data we collect, engineering leverages their dynamic Data Engineering, Data Science, and Business Intelligence teams to create insights that benefit the industry as a whole.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This role on our Apps team will have a heavy focus on Integrations & Data, responsible for expanding our integrations platform in addition to partnering with Centro's Big Data team to help architect, scale, and support our app's core data workflows. Other ways you will contribute to the team are by:
- Collaborating with developers, product managers, designers, and testers to build great solutions to complex digital advertising problems.
- Integrating Centro’s software with external systems. Ad tech is an ecosystem. Centro wins by working with everyone from ad servers, exchanges, DMPs, billing and reconciliation platforms.
- Working on projects spanning our entire stack, including our React UI, Rails middle-tier, Java services, databases, caches, and external API.
- Participating in a collaborative software development process. Lend and receive feedback on RFCs and pull requests.
- Building and extending Centro’s culture of growth and self-improvement. We expand our skills with lightning talks, lunch and learns, book clubs, and the occasional fun programming exercise.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 5 years or more of professional software experience.
- Strong grasp of data modeling complex business domains, microservice architecture, API design, SQL, and data pipelines
- Experience planning and building production-level applications leveraging a modern web software stack. Our web application is primarily built with React, Ruby on Rails, and is hosted on AWS.
- Knowledge and fluency in the tools used to build and maintain software: Git, Unix/Linux environments, and automated testing tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience with entire development cycle of projects
- Excited by a fast-paced product development environment
- Passion for Ad-Tech
OUR TECH STACK
- PostgreSQL, MySql, Redis, MongoDB
- Docker, Kubernetes, AWS
- Kafka, RabbitMQ
LIFE WITH CENTRO
We take care of our people.
Centro provides a thoughtful benefits package and a wide range of perks, including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, a tax-free health savings account, generous maternity/paternity leave, a student debt payment program, and more.
We are also committed to maintaining a culture where we trust our employees. We believe results matter more than where they are produced, so we offer our employees choice and flexibility on whether they’d like to work in one of our office locations (once they open back up post-pandemic!), completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. These arrangements vary based on your situation as well as the needs of the team and role.
We’re proud of our employee-led communities that enrich our culture of uniqueness, inclusivity, and empowerment. Centro is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and support an inclusive workplace diverse in thought, perspective and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender/identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, physical disability and age. We are better together.