Sr. Software Engineer in Test
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer in Test to join our Digital team, contributing to the success of our web presence through Springleaf.com and our new online lending platform, iLoan.
What we will want you to do:
- Work closely with developers to delivery stories in an agile environment
- Analyzing business requirements and creating thorough test plans
- Review code changes and unit tests and leverage knowledge to focus your testing
- Investigate bugs and fix or provide root cause analysis
- Initiative and drive new automation initiatives
- Create and maintain automated tests based on user stories
- Mentor other team members on automated testing
- Manage the continuous integration process and builds
Skills or Experience we want you to have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of experience testing Ruby on Rails web applications
- Experience using RSpec, Capybara, Selenium, and Poltergeist
- Experience testing multiple APIs
- Experience working with Jenkins and/or Circle CI preferred
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Bonus Points if you have:
- Experience setting up and maintaining test environments
- Previous experience being embedded with developers
- Experience with the PageObjects model (using site_prism)
We possess varying talents but share a common goal. The iLoan team is built of incredible talent from a mix of industries and backgrounds. Everybody has a voice. Everybody contributes. The team collaborates and succeeds together.
We’re uniquely positioned for success. Envision a young company with a startup feel but distinct advantages. As part of OneMain, we operate with the financial backing of one of the nation’s largest personal loan lenders. This stability allows us to be agile while further scaling in a growing marketplace.
We strive to make an impact. In less than a year we rebuilt and relaunched OneMain's digital platform while building out the iLoan lending platform from idea to launch. That said, there are a lot of exciting challenges and opportunities ahead. This is just the beginning.
We seek excellence. We’re self-aware, reflective, and learn from our mistakes. Our team is built on strong common sense and logic. We’re not afraid to speak up and make suggestions for improvement.
We encourage continuous learning. Each employee gets an annual learning budget to elevate their skills. Attend a conference. Take a night class. If you find something that will take you to the next level, we will support you.
We’re social. It’s not all work around here. Daily catered lunches serve up the perfect setting to get to know your colleagues. Bi-weekly happy hours tend to spark up a few interesting conversations as well. Simply put - we believe in the power of socializing both on and off the clock.
We take care of our employees. Working late? Have dinner on us and a free ride home on our company account. Prefer a certain keyboard or set of headphones? Tell us and we’ll foot the bill. It’s the little things that count.
We’re iLoan. You know about us, we’d like to know about you. Let’s chat.