Sr. Software Engineer at Caterpillar
At Caterpillar, you are part of a work family that builds what matters! Come, play a pivotal role in building the next generation digital solutions that power work-sites across the world.
Cat Digital has an exciting opportunity for a talented and motivated Sr. S/W Engineer in Chicago. As an Sr. Engineer, you are going help drive and shape the web user experience for Caterpillar’s state-of-the-art condition monitoring product. You will be part of a fast-moving global team that will build a best-in-class product for Caterpillar dealers worldwide, to lower cost of service, and improve customer support.
Job Duties: The Sr. S/W engineer is responsible for design and development of backend web services using RESTful APIs and SpringBoot Mircoservices. The responsibilities include the following:
- Collaboration with PO/PM and Platform teams for refining of requirements.
- Designing of API specification, database schema and flow diagrams for HLD.
- Development and Testing (Unit, Integration and Performance) assigned features/user stories.
- Participation and contribution for achievement of team and project goals by being an effective Scrum team member.
· 8+ years of overall backend or full-stack experience
· 2+ years for solid Cloud production experience(Preferably AWS) OR a higher level training certification (e.g. AWS Solution Architect Associate)
- Containers and Container Orchestration such as AWS ECS and Fargate
- Serverless Computing such as AWS Lambda and Step functions
· 5+ years of
o Java 8 or higher and SpringBoot
o RESTful API development with tools such as Swagger, Postman, Apigee …etc.
· Good experience with SQL/NoSQL databases, JPA/Hibernate, Flyway DB migration and Snowflake DWH
· Built a system from scratch or done significant re-architecture to an existing system
· Knowledge (if not Experience) of UI development (Angular or React)
· Very fluent communication skills
· Preferably BS/MS in CS