Sr. Software Engineer at Alliant Credit Union
What will your day look like?
You will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of API application development projects. Work involves moderate difficulty in working on multiple and complex high-level projects concurrently. Resources to do the job require reliance on technical knowledge of .NET and structured programming concepts, architecture and process enhancement. Responsibilities are focused on structured programming concepts and work requires writing that delivers high quality results. The incumbent will focus on development and implementation of API’s. General direction is received from the Manager, API Platform Engineering.
Do you see yourself doing this?
.NET / Core System Development
- Develop, create, and modify finance computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze business needs and develop software solutions for public or internal use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. Analyze and design application database solutions, collaborating database development efforts across organization.
- Responsible for full life cycle development of web-based applications to include design, implementation, testing and maintenance of simple to highly complex computer programs and subsystems.
- Conduct detailed analysis of system interactions to determine technical solutions and resolve problems which are cost effective and consistent with user needs, system capacities and capabilities.
- Conduct cross-functional code review.
- Work on multiple high-level projects concurrently and serve as the project leader for large scope and/or complexity initiatives.
- Utilize effective project management techniques in planning, estimating, controlling and completing assignments.
- Identify problems related to primary financial software and determine corrective action.
- Develop custom programs based on business need.
- Work with the Service Desk and/or Application Support Specialists to troubleshoot complex problems and member service issues.
- Identify and implement solutions to complex issues that are related to production level code defects or process changes.
- Trains and mentor less experienced Developers and Engineers.
- Train the Service Desk on operational procedures and processes developed by the Sr. Software Engineer.
What makes you a great fit?
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in application testing using .NET framework and TestCafe test framework
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, and code review practice is strongly desired
- Good engagement and collaboration skills and ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Demonstrates ability to devise creative solutions
- Experience in handling multiple projects with changing priorities and meeting concurrent deadlines
- Deep expertise in designing, building, operating and integrating Continuous Testing (CT) automation frameworks with Continuous Integration (CI)
- Good DevOps/SQL/OLAP report generation and metrics experience is ideal
- Advanced understanding of source control management
- Familiarity with concepts of object-oriented design
- Demonstrated expertise and understanding of development processes (i.e., SDLC) required
- Ability to have ownership and autonomy to work on tasks and be pro-active in managing them end to end
When you’re happy, we’re happy!
As a thank you for joining our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Competitive medical, dental, and free vision benefits
- Competitive compensation plan
- Contributions towards gym memberships
- Generous PTO and banking holidays off