Sr. Software Engineer
What to Expect
- Teams (or “Pods”) are made up of Engineering, Product, and Design. These functions work very closely with tight feedback loops to deliver features.
- You will participate in product and feature building alongside the rest of the team. Working and pairing with other devs to deploy features to production. You'll participate in planning and estimating sprints.
- While we recognize we all have our strengths and bring different experiences to the table, we view ourselves as full stack engineers. This means that we shouldn't be afraid to pick up the next ticket, and if it is something you don't have as much experience with, a great opportunity to pair!
- We take mentoring seriously. We want to maintain a culture of learning, and bring talented developers onto the team with a growth mindset. We want to make sure that you continually grow as a developer (and hopefully a person too). We will commit to giving you all the tools you need to be successful, all you have to do is commit to coming in, taking on the challenge, and growing with us.
Key Traits and Behaviors
- These key traits are tied directly to our core values, and encompass your role of consistently delivering value to our customers while being a good teammate.
- Customer Value: Strong advocate for customer in both technical and product design. Able to initiate and communicate ideas that will serve our customers.
- Technical Skills: Great programmer. Capable of architecting complex systems in a way that is usable and maintainable by other developers. Can clearly communicate idiosyncrasies and trade offs in advanced technical topics.
- Code Quality: Leaves code in substantially better shape that before. Provides thorough, constructive and timely feedback on PRs. Makes it a priority to see that PRs are constantly in motion to deploy.
- Impact: Capable of being technical/architecture lead on large projects. Understands technical impact on product planning, and communicates that clearly to product team. Is highly accountable to individual and team commitments.
- Growth Mindset: Understands the self, team, and organization are all in constant growth, and actively participates in each of those levels.
- Culture: Contributes positively to the culture of Home Chef in their own way. Actively seeks out ways to improve inclusiveness for all team members. Is a shining example to both Technology and external teams of a good team member.
- Team: Well respected amongst Technology and Product teams, as well as throughout the organization. Displays thought leadership amongst Technology team.
Our Interview Process
- Diversity of thought is very important to our teams. We have a 3 step process: We focus first on the candidate as a person. Technical abilities are covered last. And we pay you for your time during our technical interview. We’re looking at your experience, your and our needs, and what you will contribute to our culture. We believe this is the best way to create well rounded, diverse teams.
- Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
- Direct access to senior management – our leadership team works alongside our team members every day
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off (PTO) policy
- 401k program
- Flexible spending accounts for qualified medical, dependent care, parking, or transit expenses
- Free water taxi, discounted gym membership, and daily bike storage for Wrigley building employees
- Cold brew coffee on tap at no charge
- Employee discounts for Home Chef meal kits
- Free lunch every Friday and snacks and beverages on hand every day
- Casual dress