Commercial Banking IT is looking for a Software Engineer with skills and experience with large-scale data services and full stack Java development who will be responsible for design, development and testing of a next generation Big Data enterprise data hub with a robust service layer and analytic platform. This individual will work with an existing development team to create the data service platform to support low latency data services and APIs. The candidate will be accountable for design, development, implementation and post-implementation maintenance and support. The candidate will define design, develop, and test data services, alternative data persistence stores, APIs, and related security and visibility and entitlements.
- Design standard data service and APIs across complex Commercial Bank data landscape
- Design integration of data services/APIs and composite API approach
- Integrate with primary or secondary data sources
- Define low latency solutions to support real-time data integration with data services
- Establish and enforce guidelines to ensure consistency, quality and completeness of data assets
- Apply quality assurance best practices to all work products
- Analyze, design and code business-related solutions, as well as core architectural changes, using an Agile programming approach resulting in software delivered on time and in budget
- Comfortable learning cutting edge technologies and applying them to greenfield projects
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Experience with high volume data service/API solutions
- Experience in a Big Data technology (Hadoop, YARN, Sqoop, Spark SQL, Hive, Impala, etc.)
- Experience in implementing distributed and highly scalable algorithms
- Experience in data service testing; adept at writing test cases and scripts, presenting and resolving data issue
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with relational database environment (Oracle, SQL Server, etc.) leveraging databases, tables/views, stored procedures, agent jobs, etc.
- Familiarity with NoSQL database platforms
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong development discipline and adherence to best practices and standards
- Demonstrated independent problem solving skills and ability to develop solutions to complex analytical/data-driven problems
- Must be able to communicate complex issues in a crisp and concise fashion to multiple levels of management
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively with colleagues at various levels of the organization and across multiple locations
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects coupled with the flexibility to quickly adapt to ever-evolving business needs
- Financial Services and Commercial banking experience is a plus
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Commercial Banking division uses technology driven by innovative minds like yours to provide companies, as well as real estate owners and investors with a range of financial solutions designed to help them achieve their business goals. With annual client revenues ranging from $20 million to over $2 billion, the service and the solutions we provide is critical to both our and our clients’ success.