SR. SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEER at Caterpillar
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will contribute to quality assurance of software systems and/or applications.
JOB RELATED STATISTICS:
JOB DUTIES: Responsibilities of the incumbents are to provide manual and/or automation testing of features and capabilities of platform and/or applications.
- Coordinate with scrum masters, process owners, lead and senior software engineers to perform root cause analysis and continuous improvement
- Works directly on complex application/technical problem identification and resolution.
- Competent to perform all testing, project management, and quality assurance assignments without close supervision; normally assigned the more complex aspects of systems work.
- Competent to perform all testing activities of new and existing software products.
- Use your understanding of systems, regression, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing
- Works independently on complex systems or infrastructure components that may be used by one or more applications or systems.
- Analyze business requirement to develop and execute manual and automation test cases
- Document software issues and defects in user story tracking software (example: Azure DevOps) and monitor for the resolution.
- Coordinate with product owner to resolve open issues/enhancements/upgrades and understand the use of a specific functionality as needed
- Communicate internal customers to help direct development, debugging, and testing of application software for accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness
- Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing of components that requires careful planning and execution to ensure timely, quality results.
- Improve and maintain automated and manual metric dashboards for Quality and Velocity goals; Integrate metrics with Azure DevOps
- Employee is also responsible for performing other job duties as assigned by Caterpillar management from time to time.
- Position requires a four-year degree from an accredited college or university.
- 7 years or more of software testing experience (manual or automation) or at least 5 years of experience with master’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 5 years or more of test automation framework design and development experience
- 3 years or more of prior either functional or object- oriented coding experience in modern programming languages like ReactJS, C++, Java or Python (preferably Java)
- Strong development skills in two or more of the following technologies and tools: Java/Junit, Python, Cucumber, JBehave or other BDD testing frameworks
Top candidates will also have:
- Experience using Power BI
- Experience using Azure DevOps
- Experience using SonarQube
- Plan, design, develop, and maintain API test automation framework that facilitates automation scripting, execution, and analysis of results
- Develop of test automation code for Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), of systems, infrastructure, and test framework.
- End-to-end system integration testing experience for software platforms
- Proven experience developing test scripts, test cases, and test data
- Strong experience in testing Webservices (REST APIs)
- The ability to write queries in SQL or other relational databases
- Experience testing full stack and integration testing with 3rd parties
- Experience in TDD, continuous integration, code review practice is strongly desired
- Experience with Apigee or other API gateways is a plus
- Experience with DevOps concepts and tools (e.g., CI/CD, Jenkins, Git)
- At least 2 years working on an Agile team with a solid understanding of Agile/Lean practices.
- Understanding of a micro service Architecture
- Experience load and performance testing
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a complex environment
- Pro-active, flexible and creative
- Very strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with developers and business users.
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here.