ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
Job Title: Sr. Staff Red Team Engineer
Location: Remote, Canada or USA
- The successful Red Team engineer knows how to think like an attacker andis well versed with modern attack vectors, offensive strategy, and defense mechanisms.
- The Sr. Staff Red Team Engineer is a leader in ServiceNow's attack simulation and offensive security team.
- They lead by creating and owning cross-organizational projects that mature ServiceNow’s offensive security posture.
- The ideal candidate is a team player that adds unique value to the team while also respecting and learning from, or nurturing more junior teammates.
- Attack simulation in a large enterprise is an immense responsibility, as such, the successful candidate should have a proven track record in leading complex campaigns in large mission-critical environments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the design, execution and reporting of Red Team campaigns at ServiceNow.
- Creating adaptable and detailed plans, and thoroughly documenting timelines of events and attack path narratives
- Meticulously documenting findings, including all necessary information required to understand business impact, to enable Blue Team and groups such as operations support and product engineering to act upon them appropriately.
- Focus on strong collaboration and partnership with ServiceNow Blue Team to enable improvements to threat detection, response, and mitigation.
- Provide security leadership by communicating and collaborating across the organization with internal security teams, product engineering, I.T. and other teams as needed.
- Develop a broad and deep technical understanding of ServiceNow services and products
- Assist in not only attack activity, but open to engagement with engineering stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective remediation of issues.
To be successful in this role you have:
- 8 or more years of experience attacking and defending corporate networks.
- Demonstrated successful track record in offensive security
- Experience attacking environments with next-gen antivirus (NGAV) or endpoint detection and response (EDR) agents.
- Social engineering, physical security, and application security review experience.
- Strong understanding of operational security concepts
- Adept in messaging highly technical security findings to product engineering and executive leadership.
- Polished written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to identify and own growth opportunities to enhance existing Red Team capabilities, and/or improve the security posture of the larger organization.
- Expert in *nix, Mac OS, and Microsoft Windows operating systems, including: Experience developing covert C2 payloads, Understanding of forensic footprint or IOCs left by commons tactics, techniques and procedures
- Shown industry leadership, for example: Presented novel material at information security conferences, Developed open-source security tooling, Other extra-curricular contributions to the security community
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.