ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Join the Platform UX team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. Be responsible for the platform innovation, architecture and features, and that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
You will have the opportunity to work on exciting technologies: Mobile & Web conversational UIs and large-scale servers for platform products such as Virtual Agent, Live Agent Connect, Intelligent Work Routing & Assignment, Visual Task Boards powered by Chat bots, Machine Learning, and Natural Language Processing (NLU\NLG).
What we are looking for:
You are an experienced engineer that is passionate about
- building great user experiences
- or building enterprise grade systems for messaging
- or full-stack (both)
Passionate about new technologies, and ready to push the boundaries of what is achievable. Enthusiastic about working in the latest technologies, such as React, Redux, and GraphQL and/or passionate about developing large scale server-side technologies for collaboration platforms supporting rich conversational experiences blended with Artificial Intelligence.
You are looking for challenges and opportunities. You have the ability and desire to bring new ideas. You are a team player and will work with other experienced co-workers to help us evolve the technology stack to build modern and awesome conversational experience for our customers. You must possess a solid understanding of building amazing, performant and scalable user interfaces/servers with large scale data, an obsession with design aesthetics, and engineering excellence.
What you get to do in this role:
- Build highly interactive applications that can scale with application complexity
- Create tools, libraries, and frameworks for other developers to build upon
- Apply new technology and innovation to improve platform functionality
- 12+ years of software industry experience
- Significant experience designing and implementing highly interactive and high-volume applications
- Expertise in backend technologies
- Java, Junit, REST, AJAX, JSON, HTML, CSS and associated frameworks
- JVM performance testing, optimization and garbage collection
- relational databases, SQL and frameworks like Spring, Hibernate
and/or frontend technologies
- Competent in aspects of design, usability, cross-browser compatibility and accessibility
- Exposure to modern reusable theming practices such in sass, css-in-js and styled components
- Experience in test driven development with Jest, TestCafe, Cyprus, Mocha, or Selenium
- Experience in functional programming, stateless architectures, ADTs is a plus
- Experience in ML/Natural Language systems like IBM Watson, MS Luis, Google Dialogflow is a plus
- Experience in messaging systems such as Slack, Facebook Messenger, Microsoft Teams is a plus
- Experience with caching systems like Redis, MemCached is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Bachelor’s/Master's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.