Sr. Tech Ops Engineer, Cloud Operations at FOURKITES
When you join an organization like FourKites, you are getting the opportunity to be part of one of the country’s fastest growing startups that is reshaping the logistics industry, and was identified as one of Forbes’ “Next billion dollar startups - 2019”. FourKites is paving the way not only as a disruptor in the space but also a great place to work!
FourKites is looking for an experienced and driven Sr Tech Ops Engineer, Cloud Ops with previous experience in maintaining a SAAS platform. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for the uptime of our products & platform. You will be troubleshooting and identifying the root cause of issues, in case of any down time. The ideal candidate needs to have strong hands-on experience in production support & integrations.
About the team:
Our product and engineering teams are dedicated to providing the industry’s best-in-class end to end supply chain visibility platform. We are committed to building a high-performing team with software craftsman-thinking who are dedicated to developing and enhancing our core platform, and we want you to be a central part of it!
- Become an SME in application support including the associated code and assist the team to resolve complex issues including bug fixes.
- Drive incident, problem management and root cause analysis within the defined SLAs.
- Develop, monitor and respond to all alerts for production systems.
- Develop troubleshooting documentation for production support resources.
- Ability to work independently to resolve technical & infrastructure issues reported by customers and internal teams.
- Provide world class 24x7 support, including on call rotation, extensive troubleshooting tasks, with responsibilities covering multiple product lines.
- Work with customer support teams on sales, implementation, customer support & on-boarding tasks.
- Create documentation on application workflow, common troubleshooting, debugging steps, best practices and deliver training to other engineers in the team.
- Partner with development teams to resolve complex issues.
- Programming experience in Ruby on Rails, GoLang or Java is a plus.
- AWS/Azure or any cloud infrastructure working experience.
- Good knowledge on unified log management systems like log entries, log stash, sumo logic & grey log.
- Experience in “follow-the-sun” support model.
- Mentor, coach and assist juniors in the team, be a role model.
- 4 to 6 years of experience in development/production support experience.
- Strong working experience in New Relic, Signal FX, Data Dog & Cloud Watch
- Experience in creating/supporting Restful APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Self-motivated, independent, and high-performance individual, with ability to learn new technologies and become productive extremely fast.
- Experience participating in 24x7 on-call rotations.
- Willingness to work in different shift timings.
FourKites is the largest predictive supply chain visibility platform, delivering real-time visibility and predictive analytics for the broadest network of Global 1000 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes, including truckload, LTL, ocean, rail, intermodal, last mile and parcel. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security.
If you are a California resident, here is our California Applicant Privacy Notice.